• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm about to give up on this fracking idle problem

Not the ECU, got a TB lined up and will try that as soon as I get it.
The ECU had junkyard paint pen markings on it, someone had replaced it not too long ago for some reason, oh and was held in by one of the 2 bolts :rolleyes:

Well, I think the TB fixed it, but when I started it she wouldn't idle, once warm it ran about 1100RPM which is fine with me, that's vac leak high, so I think either the new ECU and IAC had to adjust, or the IAC that came on this TB is frozen, I have about 4 of them around so I'll try it in the cold tomorrow and see if it idles and swap it out if it doesn't.
I wouldn't in a million years have thought the TB would cause that.

Yep, all better with a working IAC valve on the new TB.
MAF must have taken a dumper about the same time, I put a spare MAF I had on and it isn't running so rich anymore.

philip_g said:
Yep, all better with a working IAC valve on the new TB.
MAF must have taken a dumper about the same time, I put a spare MAF I had on and it isn't running so rich anymore.
MAP or MAT???

jragan said:
Good to hear you go it running. Now Troy might offer $150...

No, I'll sell him the axles back off it but I have to wait until it's like 110F out.

definitely nice to have it normal again, though I forgot how annoying the 1500RPM start up rev is.

Last edited:
mileage is back to 250 miles per 12 gallons, right where it used to be. it's so enjoyable to drive this thing when it's actually rinning right.

Stang5lgt said:
So that TB worked out for ya good deal. Came off a wrecked 89. I was getting ready to throw it away. Good timing.

worked great and now I have a spare TPS, the IAC was seized on it but I had a new one anyway, best 10 bucks I've spent in a long time.
Idles right, more power etc.

Back