• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IC chapter "big" run for 2008

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Josh, I know you have seen the thread in the BOD forum. Israel, you should have access to that forum at the first of the year.

Gavin is looking for sponsors already for our one big run for the year.

I posted there that the spring Moab run is probably out, mostly because of the fact that everyone who wants to come to Moab will be there in the Fall.

Geostash? Any other ideas?

Dave, Slider and I have pretty much said we would work on the Geostash. If you guys want to come up with another run we can always do that and look for our own vendors.

Geostash and Moab are the biggest attracters we have and as you said, Fall Fling will probably be our only Moab run next year. Let's call it geostash. Did you have an idea when you wanted to do that again? Was this year too early or late in the season?

The Geostash would be good.
Marketing will be better this year party because the feed back from those who attended last year. But we do need to get the word out.
One of the original purposes of the geostash run was to raise money for land use. We need to decide on a cause for the donation. That will help wit the publicity.

We also need to look at the other chapters scheduled run during July and August so we do not conflict thus reducing attendance. The Colorado, Sierra, SoCal and PNW chapters will most likely give the most NAXJA attendance. So we need to check on their events schedules. I know that Sierra Fest was a conflict with our first choice of dates last year.

We also need to look at some vender support and what publicity we can give them. At least a write up in the NAXJA news letter. We almost had a rep from another 4x4/land user group (can't remember which - Ryan might remember) come to give a presentation and a possible write up in their magazine. I know Richard (Goatman) has done a some of this with his Johnson Valley run. He might be able to give some pointers.
We could contact the magazine directly. Give them a writeup on the run and ask for coverage. If we have a good land use cause and some sponsors it might help bring the coverage.

The earlier we get the dates and cause defined the longer we have to promote. Also, when asking for donations some places do an annual donation/sponsor budget and by mid year they have most of it allocated. If we push for some commitment from National on items we would have a better idea of what else to ask for from other donors.

We can get the info (sponsor lists, attendance and donations) on last years run to send to mags. We had Tera as the main donor.

Israel said:
Geostash and Moab are the biggest attracters we have and as you said, Fall Fling will probably be our only Moab run next year. Let's call it geostash. Did you have an idea when you wanted to do that again? Was this year too early or late in the season?
I think timing was perfect last year. August should be when we shoot for.

ROOK1 said:
Geo was fun but we had a poor turnout outside the IC. Marketing will be key on this one. Moab is known so it just a timing issue with this. I'll be there either way.
I think this would be the case no matter where you held our event unless it was in Moab. But this year would be the exception to that too.

Marketing will be key this year but I have a feeling that most of the other chapters will suffer from low attendance from out of staters this year. Most people will be shooting for Fall Fling.

Back