• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How often does the chapter BOD meet?

I’m not dodging a question. I don’t know what John thinks he should be doing better, but since he does think that way, I guess I wish he were doing it better.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

are you sure you haven't been elected to public office :D

I'm just looking for somebody to tell me what they think John, or any BOD member should be doing that they aren't, or should not that they are.

I like you, John, and I always have. We’ve wheeled and camped together, you’ve worked on my Jeep, I’ve told inappropriate jokes at even more inappropriate times and we’ve all had a laugh.

But I do have one question: If you know and fully admit you can’t do the job, why keep the title? Are you foreseeing that you’ll be able to dive in full speed in the near future?

In the real world, people who can’t do their jobs don’t keep them (CalTrans the obvious exception). If I were a president too busy to do a single thing with my chapter, I’d have stepped down quick style because I care about the club, not necessarily my status within the club.

[FONT=&quot]:) [/FONT]

As usual Derek, very well said. My thoughts exactly

can you answer my question?

what do you think he's not doing that he should?

some specificity on this issue would be nice.

Yes I can.....but I won't.

Read read read and it will come to you.

Start with asking him.

My posts stir stuff up? I have started two threads...... and followed up on threads of others. Am I stirring up trouble by asking (in the previous threads) for where is our money? And how they have been spent? I Think that's something that shouldn't even have been asked for (and at the very least not have to wait for 5months for).....

I am not attacking anyone, I am asking questions....
The problem is not with what you asked for but more like how you went about it. Your style was confrontational and it didn't come off well.

I like you, John, and I always have. We’ve wheeled and camped together, you’ve worked on my Jeep, I’ve told inappropriate jokes at even more inappropriate times and we’ve all had a laugh.

But I do have one question: If you know and fully admit you can’t do the job, why keep the title? Are you foreseeing that you’ll be able to dive in full speed in the near future?

In the real world, people who can’t do their jobs don’t keep them (CalTrans the obvious exception). If I were a president too busy to do a single thing with my chapter, I’d have stepped down quick style because I care about the club, not necessarily my status within the club.

[FONT=&quot]:) [/FONT]
Much of the work done by the president is done backchannel so it is not seen by the general membership. I have done things but have not been able to do as much as I wanted to. When I was unable to do things I asked for help (granted not as soon as I should have). I have not stepped down because I don't feel that is what is best for the club. I don't want SOCAL to have any unnecessary drama. The club is functioning fine and people have started to do even greater things lately (Geoff). If I believed it would be better for the club I would not hesitate to step aside. I don't feel it is called for at this time. BTW Derek I like you too :smootch::D

Back