• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help deciding if it's a bad idea

blakews2217

NAXJA Forum User
I had the idea of figuring out how to get the trans to shift harder and tighter. I read somewhere that the kick down cable on my 2000xj dictates shift firmness. If I get this cable out and get it to see wot without the motor seeing wot( unhook the cable and unclip it from the bracket) would this hurt the trans in any way? I'm curious before I go and try and possibly hurt it. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding a shift kit for an AW4 is easier said than done. There was a guy on here who was working on the mods some time ago, but I haven't heard anything lately.

I would like to do the equivalent to an old school stage one shift kit.

Update: I did some searching and found out that Transco makes one for about $100. Sounds like time to put it on my wish list.

Last edited:
I just tested it around the block. I guess the tps dictates shift points not the lockdown cable. It does shift harder but I don't know if it will tear up the trans using full pressure to shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back