• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello From the East Coast!

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Taking a two week vacation to the East Coast...cousin's wedding tomorrow was a perfect excuse to take it during this time

Landed in Newark, NJ today...picked up the rental car and am currently sitting in Newton.

Been a while since I've been back (born in D.C.). We're heading up the coast over the next two weeks going from here > NYC > CT/RI > Boston > NH/VT > Maine. Flying back out from Portland, ME on Friday the 4th.

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures :D

Go grab a drink and some food at my buddy's bar (Chaps) in Buxton, Maine. It's about 20min outside of Portland.

His name is Shiloh and his wife is Julie. Tell him Jim sent you. And then tell him to give you my free shirt that he's been promising me for the last 6 months. Lol

Go grab a drink and some food at my buddy's bar (Chaps) in Buxton, Maine. It's about 20min outside of Portland.

His name is Shiloh and his wife is Julie. Tell him Jim sent you. And then tell him to give you my free shirt that he's been promising me for the last 6 months. Lol

I'll see if we can't swing by there :D

Sorry no updates...but MANY MANY pictures.

NYC...to crowded, dirty, smelly for me. It would be something that I'd rather visit something in the city off and on...instead of trying to cram a lot in, in a little amount of time. We went to the 9/11 memorial, something I would highly recommend every see at some point in their life. Got to visit the name engraving of my close friend's uncle, George Howard, who gave his life that day to save others.

Stayed a couple days in Newport, RI. Did the Cliff Walk, the 10 mile drive, ate some GOOOOOD food, and have lunch/drink at the White Horse Tavern (America's oldest Tavern), and walkked around Fort Adams...Newport was awesome...everything was no more than 5-10 minutes from where we were staying.

Currently in Peabody just outside of Boston...sitting in my hotel room...working. Once I take break for the day we'll head down and do the Freedom Trail walk and hit up a pub or two. Tomorrows plans go as far as visiting Sam Adams Brewery :D

Dude, I work in Woburn 30min away, and I build flying cars. I can probably wangle you a tour if you want.

Also - check out the white mountains if you get a chance and like hiking. Nothing like you're used to in CO, but it's a very nice area.

I'll see if we can't swing by there :D

Sorry no updates...but MANY MANY pictures.

NYC...to crowded, dirty, smelly for me. It would be something that I'd rather visit something in the city off and on...instead of trying to cram a lot in, in a little amount of time. We went to the 9/11 memorial, something I would highly recommend every see at some point in their life. Got to visit the name engraving of my close friend's uncle, George Howard, who gave his life that day to save others.

Stayed a couple days in Newport, RI. Did the Cliff Walk, the 10 mile drive, ate some GOOOOOD food, and have lunch/drink at the White Horse Tavern (America's oldest Tavern), and walkked around Fort Adams...Newport was awesome...everything was no more than 5-10 minutes from where we were staying.

Currently in Peabody just outside of Boston...sitting in my hotel room...working. Once I take break for the day we'll head down and do the Freedom Trail walk and hit up a pub or two. Tomorrows plans go as far as visiting Sam Adams Brewery :D

If you're doing the Freedom Trail, make sure you go to the Beantown Pub on Tremont Street. It's right outside of the Common. Best fish sandwich and chowdah (that's right...Chowdah!) in the city. Get some clamcakes too while you're there.

If you want Italian food, head North to Momma Maria's. Freakin ridiculously good food in HUGE quantities.

Back