• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

General Grabber AT2 tires?

OK based on price it seems the cheapest tires I can get that are getting good reviews here are Cooper Discoverer AT3 or Falken Wildpeak AT... sears (?!?!?!?!) has the wildpeaks for a little over $450 *installed* am tempted... waiting for my buddy to see if he can cut me a deal on the Coopers (owns a shop, can get Cooper tires)

Well I jumped on the sears deal... $600 out the door with 50k warranty, road hazard, lifetime balance, and an alignment. (I felt kinda bad 'cause I knew the alignment was off 'cause I just replaced a bunch of stuff, but still.). Got the wild peaks, lesson learned, should have bought new tires when I got it instead of suffering with the crap that was on there "because they have good tread.". It's no louder now than it was with the garbage AS's and steering wheel shakes are gone. I hopefully won't have to balance them every 5k either, and if I do I won't have to do it myself. Hopefully they'll be better in snow (reviews say yes) and best news, the location I went to is looking for a service advisor :)

Just rotate them every 5k or so. If you wheel enough maybe more often.

just went for the baby 235/75s... rationale was this.

Even with a budget boost I can only run 30s or 31s... can put these on right now and enjoy real tires, and they're 29s (equivalent of 29x9.00-15)

also the 235/75s have a 50K mile treadwear warranty, LT-flotation sizes don't

finally I'm on road 99.99% of the time so my real main concerns were snow and rain traction, while maintaining real AT capability if needed, but it's going to be truly off road a small percentage of the time.

I think I'll fudge the ride height up about an inch or so over stock, get some new shocks, and call it a day. Did drive on them today, mostly liking them, still feels a little less than crisp but then again my perspective is warped as my car has 30 series tires on it...

Back