• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 axle tube welding. Help!

splatvonzipper

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy! I jumped feet first into the hole some know as "the 8.8 swap" and while initially I thought I'd weld the tubes myself, I'm now thinking otherwise. I'm looking for someone in the IE area (near Hemet, Temecula, Yucaipa) that has more confidence than I in their welding skills. Thanks

Thanks Souske. Yeah, my biggest concern is getting enough penetration while not overheating it. I hear they like to warp.

Thanks John, much appreciated. Rancho isn't too far away. I have it stripped down right now so its easy to throw around. I'll keep you posted.

I just buzzed mine in 1 inch beads rotating from side to side. I know some will argue that there are other methods to use but i had no issues doing it this way. The welds are just to help strengthen.

c8d399396922ba01c211ebc80b807227.jpg

Tracked down a local. He sure made some purdy welds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is a mighty fine stack o' dimes.

Sexy!

I don't know about you Derek but I definitely haven't been practicing enough. I'll not be posting my new UCA mounts.

Nope. In fact I found out recently that welding is most definitely not like riding a bike. I was helping a friend with his Ranger's exhaust and I was blowing holes and making all sorts of newb mistakes. Gotta get me some more zap time, that's for sure.

Back