• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flares enforced in VA?

tdkask

NAXJA Forum User
I live in the Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Va Bch, etc) area of Va and will be getting a XJ "soon" when I get back from overseas (deploying next month, back around the new year), and have seen a few lifted XJs on CL that have no flares. Does anyone from this and surrounding areas know what the laws are for flares, and how much they are normally enforced? I'm looking at 3-4.5 inches of lift with 33x12.5's. I could go with less lift and more cutting if I didn't have to match to flares, as the iceland offroad flares are about the only ones that are very large and they cost about $500 shipped. So, does/has anyone in this area run without flares on a DD, and have you gotten a ticket/warning from it?

I'm running 35x12.5 on 15x8's and no issues on my trail rig. I don't have flares and my fenders are cut. My trail rig is not a DD though. You may have issues in the rain, those 15' roosters kinda stand out.

Back