• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fit 33s ?

With a 3" lift and 30" tires I was always checking out the XJs with 31" tires. When it came time for my new tires I went 33"x10.50" and trimmed - now when I park next to an XJ with 31", I got the badass looking jeep.

What ratio would get me back to as close to stock as possible? On the highway I tend to not going much over 60mph anyhow, since that's where it drives at 2k rpms and I get my best gas mileage.

i ran 33x12.5 swampers on 3.5" with not too much trimming and wheeled it alot. at about 4.5" with tons of trimming with more than enough room. youll be more than fine with 3.5" and 33's just dont get attached to pretty lookin fenders or have those parents buy you some used tj or bushwackers if inclined

alright...
if you don't want to trim its one thing, but running 3.5 on 33's is perfectly alright, i didn't trim the rear, but rolled the 1/4 in... clears fine. Front rubs on everything in the inner fender well, but nothing a sledge won't fix soon...

just get 33's.... no matter the lift, cause i'm already dying for 37's after having 33's for less then a year.

if you plan on keeping the wheels you have now I wouldn't go above a 10.5 wide tire. 33's with the correct BS would work but it would be a shame to cut up that nice looking XJ

i ran 33x12.5 swampers on 3.5" with not too much trimming and wheeled it alot. at about 4.5" with tons of trimming with more than enough room. youll be more than fine with 3.5" and 33's just dont get attached to pretty lookin fenders or have those parents buy you some used tj or bushwackers if inclined

Thanks, don't misunderstand everything as my parents buy my stuff cause that's just not true. I work, and bought the Jeep myself, pay for the insurance, gas, and upkeep. Just seemed you meant all that like they buy all my stuff.

alright...
if you don't want to trim its one thing, but running 3.5 on 33's is perfectly alright, i didn't trim the rear, but rolled the 1/4 in... clears fine. Front rubs on everything in the inner fender well, but nothing a sledge won't fix soon...

just get 33's.... no matter the lift, cause i'm already dying for 37's after having 33's for less then a year.

That's what I was thinking, I'd hate the get a nice set of tires and then not be content with them.

if you plan on keeping the wheels you have now I wouldn't go above a 10.5 wide tire. 33's with the correct BS would work but it would be a shame to cut up that nice looking XJ

I want a set of AEV rims, but i don't know if I can swing for a set before Christmas, if not i'll get a set of 16x8 soft 8s for now so that should get the tires out there a little more.

Just dont get to much backspaceing or they wont fit at all.Here is a picture with 3" lift
33/12.5/15 tires and 3.5 BS wheels.
33tires003.jpg

But here it is with a 4.5 lift with the same wheels and 33/13.5/15 tires and cut up wheelwells.
xjnewtires003.jpg

if it was me I would stick with 31s but do what you want to do since you will anyways

the rear doesn't travel like you think it does, it'll just rub a tad on the inside, i have nothing like AlwaysBrokes's second pic in my rear...
my fronts do look like that though, and you'll need to push the surrounding inner fenders away from the tire so you can turn while the tire is tucked...

Back