• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firefox problem - load pages twice

bigalpha

Firefox 7.0.1
OS X 10.5.8

Suddenly, FF is loading pages on this forum twice. So if I load up a thread, I'll have to go back twice. If I right click on the button, it shows the page twice instead of once.

This behavior occurs using the 'backspace' key, the back arrow or right click, then back.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Firefox 7.0.1
OS X 10.5.8

Suddenly, FF is loading pages on this forum twice. So if I load up a thread, I'll have to go back twice. If I right click on the button, it shows the page twice instead of once.

This behavior occurs using the 'backspace' key, the back arrow or right click, then back.

Has this happened to anyone else?
MIne sometimes does that, but only on forums that use Vbulletin software, which leads me to wonder if it's Firefox alone, or some issue with the forum software. I always open threads with the mouse scroll button, which sends them to a new tab, and sometimes I even get three tabs per hit. It's never happened when I open ordinary links into tabs, only in forums. Anyway, it's intermittent and I haven't figured out what triggers it.

I have recently quit using Firefox. I now use Google Chrome and all of my problems went away. It takes some getting used to, but absolutely no problems. I have a brand new computer(three weeks old) and still Firefox has way too many non-browsing, not responding problems. The newest version is the worst.

it has to do with how the chat is layered over the forum. I'm not entirely sure on specifics. You can tell because if you hit back before the page (and chat) have finished loading, it only takes one click, but if you wait for it to finish, it takes two.

It also kinda breaks the forward button. I think the chat is worth more than the forward button though (does anyone even remember it exists?)

Switch to the new Firefoxy

Qzr50.jpg

Back