• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got me heep up and running

4wheel98cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
So about 2011 I made the mistake of selling my '98 XJ. I regreted the decision shortly after and longed for another. I spent a year and a half surfing Craigslist (horrible) and finally found another one. Another '98, same color, auto 4X4, needing a new motor for $800 bucks. Drove out from Yucaipa to Ridgecrest; but worth it beacause I love these Jeeps.

She sat for a little over a year before I had enough time to actually begin pulling the motor. When I got to it, it looked a little something like this (yes, I bought a '98 ZJ and pulled the 150k mile engine out for my XJ. Don't worry the ZJ was a 2wd and had a bad trans. Got it dirt cheap too.):

I also have a sye I purchased for her. Next I am going to buy some gears, lockers, bumpers, and armor. It's just hard finding time these days. I have a cb radio that I will be installing shortly here as well. I have some pics of the interior before and after (filthy before) but i will post those later. Nothing like some old fashioned soap, water, and shampooer. The interior cleaned up very nicely for a 16 year old Mammoth Mountain Jeep. As far as I know I am the third owner of it and this is it's 4th motor. Yes I said 4th. I know she needs a lot more work; but I will enjoy every minute. I do not intend on ever selling this one. It is the Up Country package so she has the Limited Slip rear end, power seat (driver), tow hooks, overhead console, and Infinity stereo. Everything works, thank God because I found some shotty work while performing the engine swap and lift.

Last edited:
Sweet lookin Jeep.

Get those rock rails on while the doors still open.

:)

Back