• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally, a new XJ

HossHoffer

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry I've been away for many moons. Yesterday I bought a '01 XJ Sport. My daughter is taking to Idaho for a semester of college and I will work on it when she gets back. In the mean time I have to get it in shape for the road trip. I have the P0455 Evap canister system has large leak message. Will look into that tomorrow but appreciate any suggestions. Here's the picture
vacation142.jpg.html

Happy to be in an XJ again!

Sorry I've been away for many moons. Yesterday I bought a '01 XJ Sport. My daughter is taking to Idaho for a semester of college and I will work on it when she gets back. In the mean time I have to get it in shape for the road trip. I have the P0455 Evap canister system has large leak message. Will look into that tomorrow but appreciate any suggestions. Here's the picture
vacation142.jpg.html

Happy to be in an XJ again!

Wow it's been a grip since I've seen that name. :D

Welcome back!! :cheers:

Change the gas cap.

If the XJ has been on salted roadways in winter it's probably the tubing that goes from the gas tank to the evap canister, the one on my truck looked like it came off a sunken ship!
I replaced it with fuel hose & Clamps, You need a small piece of the metal tubing to adapt from the fitting from the gas tank to the hose. Be sure you use only fuel hose, cheaper hose will fail fast from the gas fumes.

Last edited:
Back