• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

excessive floorboard/trans tunnel heat

Think it might have anything to do with the clutch install? I mean you did drive it to Calico and never said anything about it then. :dunno:

i think it may be the damaged boot on the shifter (the one under the console, not the cosmetic one on the top). didnt think about that until mentioned

UPS man just delivered the new shifter boot.
Old boot:
2aa9c965.jpg

New boot:
aa8a8aec.jpg

Boots side by side:
99a83e41.jpg

The bolt spacing looks really close but I think I'll have to drill a couple new holes, no big deal.

i got a rectangle shaped b&m boot from the autoparts store and mounted it using the round stock boot ring with the 4 screws. fit ok, nothing special or perfect, but at least there isnt a 4-5" hole in the floor anymore. i also shoved some insulation in that area under the console. im not sure when i'll be able to drive far enough to see if it worked, but i can't imagine it'll be any worse.

I almost did the same thing, but I wasn't thrilled with the way the rectangular boot was going to fit. The TJ boot worked out pretty well.
3f342623.jpg

Either way, it's better than having the torn boot in there.

yea that pretty much looks factory, nice. mine looks a little more ghetto, but it still does the job. the entire rubber boot was shreded on mine so it was like a 4-5" hole. it definitely seems better now. hope it fixes it for both of us!

Back