• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Enjoy your vacation?

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
Just read where the potus flew BACK to HI to finish his vacation with only the dog as company. Since its so expensive to operate Air Force One I figured I'd do some quick math to see what his vacation cost is tax payers...You guys sitting down?
Average cost per hour of AF1- $179,750.00
Number of hours flight time just for the HI vacation trips-40
Total cost for him to simply fly....

$7,190,000.00

THAT's 7 MILLION DOLLARS FOLKS! WTF? Really????

Political forum is up top

you forgot to add up all the costs of secret service travel, lodging and their vehicle transportation cost also

Tax increase for everyone, $7,000,000.00 holiday vacation for the Obama family. That's how it works in today's America.

i live right in the path POTUS takes from ohare out to the lake in Marine One.

It's quite a spectacle when Marine One flies with a full contingent of other seas kings, chinooks and occasioanlly blackhawks. I've lost count of the amount of fly-overs. Every time it happens I think "there goes millions"

AF-1 ride aside, the spending aint over....what do you think it costs to get the POTUS from ohare airport to the south side of chicago? just that short jaunt alone.......hundreds of millions of dollars.

what an asswipe.

Its just unthinkable to me how someone can keep a straight face while talking about dealing with a "fiscal cliff" and then hop on a plane paid for by others that are the ones that will be first pushed off said cliff. It just boggles my mind! Even a half brained idiot would have enough sense to know a vacation is a luxury one takes if they can afford it. Affording it encompasses the expenditures incurred to, during, and after the vacation. Yes... I get it, he's the potus. And like it or not that is a fact. And coupled with that perhaps he does deserve a vacation (arguable) but he sure as hell doesn't deserve one that I am paying for! I remember Regan used to go to his farm in CA and drive around in his Jeep doing chores. Did it cost us...yes. I love him as a president but still, there seems like there should be some cost control over how a government person travels so that we are not getting butt raped by a blue whale.
I'm active military and I get 2.5 days vacation accrued per month. When I choose to take that vacation time it all comes out of my pocket! I'm stationed in Germany at the moment...if I had wanted to go home for the holidays it would have cost me over a grand just in plane fare plus whatever expenses I had while there. But that would have been out of my pocket, no body else would pay me for that. And I can't imagine thinking they would. If they did... lets say someone offered to buy my plane ticket. Do you think I would insist on riding first class? Hell no! I'd ride in the baggage compartment with the pets and luggage and eat a freakin' MRE and piss in a bottle! And STILL be grateful!
I suppose its one thing if he's flying somewhere on an official trip. Got that. But between the vacation and I don't want to THINK about how many flights during his election campaign... Its just... Un thinkable!

ISSspnd_130108.png.cms

Obama thinks the US Federal Government doesn't have a spending problem (it's obvious, seeing how he justifies throwing around our hard-earned money) and many of his supporters are getting a real-time sample of his policies with a smaller pay check, starting this month.

He should have spent some time on the various vacation flights to actual read the GAO reports, which clearly indicate that spending is outpacing tax revenue.

Those who praise him for his intelligence should be questioning his core motives for ignoring the facts and driving our country further into debt.

Pres makes $400k/yr. That is somewhere around $32k/month. A school bus driver out here makes around $14k/yr. When I was working for Lockheed Martin, I made $43k/yr. How is it that the president, making as much in a month as many Americans make in a year, is able to pass off the costs of his vacation onto us? This isn't just Obama either. All of em: Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. Not only that, but most have been independently wealthy as well. Make the president save his money and pay out of pocket for his vacations.

Pres makes $400k/yr. That is somewhere around $32k/month. A school bus driver out here makes around $14k/yr. When I was working for Lockheed Martin, I made $43k/yr. How is it that the president, making as much in a month as many Americans make in a year, is able to pass off the costs of his vacation onto us? This isn't just Obama either. All of em: Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. Not only that, but most have been independently wealthy as well. Make the president save his money and pay out of pocket for his vacations.

Probably because he is never really on vacation. The dude with the launch codes is not far away and as mentioned earlier there the whole security detail that is required. When I go on vacation i delegate my responisbilities in writing to my assistant. Do you really want the president doing that? What if Vice President Joe Biden refused to relinquish the chair?

I was sent an e-mail that stated President Obama has spent 4% of the time in office on vacation while (wait for it) former President George Bush spent 32% of his time on vacation.

I always wondered, the Secret service detail will take a bullet for the President, 20 years ago when the Monica Lewinsky news broke and President Clinton had to tell Hillary, do you think the Secret Service took a few thrown plates andother cookware?

I was sent an e-mail that stated President Obama has spent 4% of the time in office on vacation while (wait for it) former President George Bush spent 32% of his time on vacation.

If it was email, then it must be true, huh? ;)

It's pretty much a given that all presidents do some work while on vacation. It comes with the territory of the job; however, our current prez is earning the moniker "The Absent President." He's also received criticism for his poor timing, taking vacations on the heels of crises when constituents think he should be in D.C.. Despite being grossly absent as a US senator as he campaiged for 2.5+ years, lets just look at his first three years as POTUS.

This data is just over two years old and comes from CBS News’s Mark Knoller, who is known for compiling White House statistics. As of January 2, 2011, President Obama:
Has been president for 712 days
For 339 of those days (~48%), he has been MIA from Washington.
Spent 176 days on domestic trips
70 days on foreign travel
58 days on vacation
35 days at Camp David
Played 57 rounds of golf
Gone on 28 basketball outings

I didn't look up statistics for 2011, but it's rather obvious he spent the majority of his time campaigning for a 2nd term.

Back