• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eletrical problem (cross-post from OEM tech)

Pulling my hair out on this one. Anyone have a spare ECU within a reasonable drive of Longmont that I could borrow for testing?

This is driving me nuts. I feel like I'm going to end up replacing every sensor and the ECU to find out that I'll then have to comb through all 3 miles of wire that run through this heap.:banghead:

65197903.jpg

Yeah, I've been meaning to update these threads.

I printed and organized every diagram I could find and started over, beginning with a trace of the fuel pump circuit. An engineer friend came over and we followed it from the pump forward, and found the fuse in the PDC had blown. Popped in a new fuse and the key-in-run clicking was gone. Runs fine.

It wasn't a huge deal as I have another vehicle to get me around, but I still couldn't believe it was as simple as a fuse (THE fuse that should have gone if the pump wire grounded as it did.) Myself and a far more experienced mechanic missed it the first time around. We're thinking we simply checked the wrong fuse. Thanks for putting labels on the diagram under the PDC lid, Chrysler.

Back