• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EGR Valve replacement part.

EverythingLeaks

NAXJA Forum User
Read this if you are looking for a new EGR valve, as the journey has been a nightmare for me and I hope this helps someone.

1989 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L

I ordered a replacement part through Summit and it's not an exact fit. Long story short: replacement valve is a negative back pressure valve - which means there's no small pipe to connect to the bottom hose of the transducer/vacuum. Instead, the product comes with 3 orifice washers of different sizes, and on the chart on the back of the instructions tells you which washer to use.

Well, the washer I needed wasn't included. I contacted Summit and let me just tell you this: after that interaction with their customer service, I offered to send them my resume.

I digress...after Summit failed, I contacted Omix-ADA. The customer service rep was a huge help - thank you David A. at Omix! - and is hoping to find the washer to send to me. If not, he said the Omix team will try and get the size-equivalent emailed to me (example: 1/2 inch).

If you need an EGR valve, hold off on buying it until I update this thread. I think something happened with manufacturing and I don't want anyone having anymore stress added on to what stress we Jeep owners already have, ha.

As soon as David/Omix have an answer for me, I will update everyone.

Cheers.

Back