• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline Shops Around the Inland Empire

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered an SYE for my MJ and now I'm in need of a new rear shaft. I've looked around and read some not so great things about Inland Empire Driveline. So I wanted to see what type of experiences some of you have had or what shop you would recommend. Also, would it be a better idea to have a front Xj shaft extended or start from scratch?

Thanks
Daniel

Years ago, I bought my first driveshaft from J. E. Reel in Pomona.
And start from scratch. You'd have to stretch an XJ driveshaft by about a foot.

Last edited:
Try Banning Driveline they are on the east end of Banning. Had them re tube and balance my rear shaft after hitting a rock. Know some other people that have used them with no problems.

Second on Jim Reel in pomona. And one of our naxja guys was working there a couple years ago, not sure if he still does though.

Best bet is to find a good fitting longer than your Drive shaft from wrecking yard and have it cut and spun! Those shops mentioned above can rebuild them as well. You will save money! I priced 2 shafts made from scratch about 9 years ago for my van conversion and it was going to be over $1000.00 each! The original was aluminum so I could not have it done cheap! I have always used rebuilt shafts new u joints ect.. The Jeep project shafts have always lasted since they were usually used shafts from bigger vehicles! My 2 cents !!
I've used J.E.Reel Inland Empire Driveline but never Banning though I have heard all positive about them!

If you don't mind a little further up into Hesperia, Bruce at High Desert Driveline has never done me wrong, and prices and quality are top notch.

I ended up going with Adam's Driveshaft out of Vegas. I got it for over $100 less than anyone local, I also had it in less than 3 business days.

On the same subject do you guys have a recommendation for a good driveline shop in LA/OC? I'm in Lakewood and the 8.25 rearend in my recently purchased XJ has a consistent whine and could use a rebuild. Thanks

On the same subject do you guys have a recommendation for a good driveline shop in LA/OC? I'm in Lakewood and the 8.25 rearend in my recently purchased XJ has a consistent whine and could use a rebuild. Thanks

You're going to want a shop that does axles, driveline shops mainly do driveshafts and half shafts.

Give Tom and performance gearing in Azusa a call, He did my gears and I've been happy with his work.

http://performance-gearing.com/

If you need something closer to home, you can give unitrax a call, I've used them many times in the past with great results.

http://www.gounitrax.com/

Back