• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY winch bumper...

Frijolee, when you say mounting more aggressive, and more cutting, do you mean cutting up the grille/fenders to get it to sit up higher?

Techno, it measures a tad over 7" in the front, I do dislike it being that big in front, but I wanted my winch completely out of the way. And I also thought of creating lid, probable hinged to hidden it all together, but the engage handle does stick up, and there would not be a very good way to cover that, I could probably figure something out, and probably will. I also plan on mounting the plug for the winch control in the bumper also. Would actually like to run 2 controls, one optional outside, and then one permanent in the cab.

depending on the winch brand so you can clock the body of the winch to move where the lever is just a thought

Its a badlands winch. What do you mean clock the body sideways? I'm confused...

He is referring to the removal of the bolts that hold the clutch assembly to the rest of the winch and rotating it 45 or 90 degrees thus moving the cutch handle from the top to a different position. I think the badlands winch is also clockable but I am not sure. I have not done one myself. There is someone on this forum who did clock his. I also read about it on a Toyota forum.

Back