• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

desertrunners 97xj

heres what ive been working on lately for her alot of changes coming soon this is just the tip of the ice berg!

rears are already started should have some progress pictures of them in the next few days.

Are those front fenders custom fab or can I purchase them somewhere?

Jeep looks good!

Are those front fenders custom fab or can I purchase them somewhere?

Jeep looks good!

The fenders are DirtBound Offroad prototypes that I've been working on. If all go's well they will be available early to mid June.

Thanks!

been getting the jeep ready for the ventura offroad show so alot has been going on. over the last three days my pops gave her a fresh coat of paint. today i did some fab work and painting of things tommorow ill have pictures of that.

went with some olive drab from m&i army surplus:

stipped her down:

primed:

first coat:

partially re assembeled:

Looks clean! Is that rattle can or actual paint?

Ya it's all going back on after a fresh coat of Berliner black

heres some pictures of her with the accessories painted. still alot to build and put back on before next weekend.

just got home from The Ventura County Offroad Show. she showed well all weekend even though i didnt get all the stuff done i wanted before the show.

Recently I got my hands on a xrc8 winch for free so it was time to build a new bumper to mount it on. I wasn't a fan of the extreme winch we sell so i decided to talk with max and we came up with this.

and all painted up

I'm going to repaint the winch before it gets tossed on as it could use the love!

well after staring at the winch ill pull it later after i get to test it rather than painting it first.

finally got around to redoing the new tire carrier!

al painted up!

I pulled the extra isolators and replaced the rear shackles to get her down a about a inch!

next is gettting bushings replaced in rear springs and replacing the leaking pinion seal:

Looking good. I take if that your rear-facing lights are your backup/whatever lights?
Also, side pic of jeep looks as if the rear part of your leaf spring is bent? Is that for real or an illusion in the pic?

Looking good. I take if that your rear-facing lights are your backup/whatever lights?
Also, side pic of jeep looks as if the rear part of your leaf spring is bent? Is that for real or an illusion in the pic?

the rear lights are switched they will substitute for my reverse lights in real dark areas. the springs are odd thats the way they are some odd wrap the company had around the spring eye. both are that way and neither show any signs of damage there.

Back