• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 needed

mamhpremier

NAXJA Forum User
Been working on my 1992 five speed xj and I'm ready to upgrade from my dana 35 to a dana 44. Let me know what you have and what price you were thinking of selling for. If the price is right I would also consider a Chrysler 8.25.

I have a d44 that has already has someone in line to buy, but if he backs out, it's from a 87 XJ, it had clean fluid when I spilled on the garage floor... I mean when I neatly drained it and disposed of it in an environmentally responsible fashion. It will need the brakes rebuilt and has one axleshaft missing and one drum missing. I thought I new where the drum was, but I couldn't find it. At least I do know that the axleshaft went to a new, loving, forever home. If I get a replacement shaft and find that drum I would sell it for $150. You can offer another amount for it in its current condition.

I'm definitely interested. I don't know a ton out this stuff yet but I was planning on upgrading to disk brakes anyway so I don't care too much about the drum but it would be nice to have the other axle. Where are you located?

Mine has been sold. I hope you find another one. The 8.25 with 29 spline axles is also a good axle. The 8.8 is also an option but requires a little more work.

Back