• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35, 4.88s, TracLok, NON C-Clip

jabbathewhats

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dana 35 with:
4.88s,
a TracLok LSD
Non C-clip! Keep your wheels where they belong.
Never broken anything on the trail (or street)
Gears installed/setup by West Coast Diff years back.

Does not have brakes or backing plates. Either take off of your D35, or get backing plates from PnP, and reuse your brakes or get new from autozone.

Cheaper to buy this than regarding your D35 you have now.
Non C-clip means if you break an axle shaft, your wheels along with your axle shaft will stay on the jeep so you can get home easy. If you have a c clip, your wheel and axle will come off the jeep if you break a shaft. Not fun.

This is out of an 88 XJ, spring over, easy replacement.
$200 or trade for other XJ stuff, camping gear, tube bender, 220v mig welder, TV, maybe some electronics, RV gear, or anything else that I might use. Will add cash on my end for the right trade. Read my build thread to see what my jeep has/doesn't have.

Gotcha. If you were to upgrade yours with just new gears, you're looking close to $150 for gears and another $300+ to install gears, plus another $100 in bearings and seals, while it's open. Installin this axle can be done in your driveway with basic tools in an afternoon. Plus the non c-clip is the way to go. Just let me know if it works out.

Back