• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 full circle clips (5-760x)

Jbh97009

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know where I can get some full circle clips in Portland? I just opened the box my shafts came in and all they gave me are the half clips! :(

Six states says they only have 4. I have 2 sets of shafts so I need 16 total....

Anybody know where I can get some full circle clips in Portland? I just opened the box my shafts came in and all they gave me are the half clips! :(

Six states says they only have 4. I have 2 sets of shafts so I need 16 total....

I got the dorman part number from Gary at six states and he sent me over to Napa on Columbia for these clips before

Thanks scott. I did some google-ing and found a few threads about this. Also asked a buddy and he said that he just went to parkrose and bought some. So that's what I did.....

The thread I pulled up said 1 3/16" or 30mm
The 30mm seemed thicker, so I bought a whole bunch of both! Lol

I'll double check with six states when I'm down there tomorrow..... The guy on the phone did seem to really understand what I was talking about

Home Depot usually has them, so does McMaster Carr if you want them shipped.

Sounds like you got it figured out, but I went through this years ago as well. I found that the standard size from Parkrose isn't thick enough for the u-joint cap groove. Went I converted to full circle clip, I found my joints were shot in less than a year. My guess is the caps walked out to take up the slack in the groove, and that extra bit of play resulted in premature joint life.

If I were to do it again, I'd find clips the same thickness as the snap ring groove (if they exist). I heard the metric size is the better fit though.

I just weld the b!tches in now. :D

Well the metric ones appeared to be of the same thickness, and were a bitch to put on. The standard (1 3/16") were definitely thinner, and much easier to work with....

I may do some research and see what else is out there.

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully I'll have a JK dana 44 with RCV's before I have any ujoint's wear out! :)

Back