• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie SYE for 231 TC

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a TJ that was fully done by Currie back 10 yrs ago I would guess. I am doing the AW4 conversion and need the shortest SYE out there to accommodate the added length of the AW4. I removed the Currie SYE and installed a JB Conv. super short.

Includes everything that a new kit comes with. Not one issue with it. Has the electronic Speedo also, if needed. other wise just plug your stock mech one in. I believe it fits all the different 231, something about a bearing needing to be replaced if a early model though, but I think thats on all of the SYE's? All I know is that I took this out and everything in the JB SYE replaced this stuff and bolted right in.

Includes basically a main shaft, tail housing, yoke, speed sensor pickup and gear (not used with mech speedo).

$70 in Yorba Linda CA.

I believe I would like to grab this from you. just so happen to be looking into buying one right now. whats the best way to pay you?

I saw your other post in the tech forum. didn't know where my post went since it got moved to the right channel. Do you know what brand the SYE is? I can't find any information on a currie one. can't seem to find that they make or made one. Still interested, but just curious what the brand is.
THanks.

i had a currie SYE in my black xj, i don't think they make them outside of race applications which is why it's hard to find information on them. never had a problem with mine, the output on mine was a flat flange like the fords use, something to keep in mind when planning for a driveshaft if this unit also has one.

in his post it says that it comes with a yoke so im assuming it doens't have the flange, but thank you for the information,i will keep an eye out on that.

in his post it says that it comes with a yoke so im assuming it doens't have the flange, but thank you for the information,i will keep an eye out on that.

Sorry, for some reason NAXJA stopped notifying me of any post, pms, etc. So just getting in the office and see all this activity.

The SYE IS a Flange. End flange Yoke.

I dont want to mess with shipping unless I have to. So who ever wants to come get it with cash in hand first can have it. If no one picks it up in a few days I will let you know and contemplate shipping it.

Back