• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

COY HILL in Ma is CLOSED!!!

sidriptide said:
even bigger thanks to those who just couldnt be responsible behind the wheel....

x2,.......:smsoap: ........ after doing some more reading over at NEA, a few folks are going to continue to try to undo some of the harm our "fellow wheelers" have done....it doesnt look to rosy though.

well, we all know the atv's will alwyas be in there and theyll always be some dumbass busting in there in a truck or whatever, they may close it, but someone always fnds a way into somewhere, hopefully the dumbasses will stay out and well be able to fix things right

XJ Beater said:
well, we all know the atv's will alwyas be in there and theyll always be some dumbass busting in there in a truck or whatever, they may close it, but someone always fnds a way into somewhere, hopefully the dumbasses will stay out and well be able to fix things right

there are alot of people out there that dont see the dumbass in the mirror, so problems like this will always persist.

i honestly dont see any sort of "sticker" program being endorsed by this state. it would contradict the current policies and i'm pretty sure they wont change them just because the minority is unhappy.

i was up there not that long ago nothing seemed in that bad of condition this may of even been after it was closed because i havent been on here and didnt even know it was closed i was with a large group of guys from ct too so i may be from that group stated a couple posts up but no1 told us not to be there and i didnt see any signs whats the deal with that? or are there signs and stuff now because i would not be to happy getting fined for being somewhere i have gone quite a few times over a couple of yeras and just now suddenly getting in trouble for it

zachxj01 said:
i was up there not that long ago nothing seemed in that bad of condition this may of even been after it was closed because i havent been on here and didnt even know it was closed i was with a large group of guys from ct too so i may be from that group stated a couple posts up but no1 told us not to be there and i didnt see any signs whats the deal with that? or are there signs and stuff now because i would not be to happy getting fined for being somewhere i have gone quite a few times over a couple of yeras and just now suddenly getting in trouble for it

Whether there are signs now or not, the general consensus is for us (4wd vehicles) to steer clear of the area. Other than the road, the area consists of a WMA and private property.

This gives a pretty good idea of the perception of us by the residents local to Coy: http://www.telegram.com/article/20071104/NEWS/711040614/1004/NEWS04

read the updates on NEA, looks like theres been some early morning crap going on, people angry at being caught on tape destroyed these peoples lawn, broke into their house, wtf is with people, alot of it is out of state/non-locals too, whats next?, ma belle?, the gutter?, people need to smarten up before everything goes to hell around here...

XJ Beater said:
alot of it is out of state/non-locals too, whats next?, ma belle?, the gutter?, people need to smarten up before everything goes to hell around here...

honestly, unless you have plate numbers, nobody can point a finger at where the "offenders" are from... its everyone!!!

and you have no idea how right you are about the next closest trails being in danger........time to pack up the Jeep and move out west where there is federal land that is BY LAW required to allow motorized use. although there is some illegal wheeling out there, the problem isnt anywhere near the epidemic we are facing.

Everyone that went to coyhill is just going to goto the next closest thing, causing over use of that trail, honestly i dont think there is much we can do, join a club run it once a month, but that once is with 10 trucks at least times how many clubs once a month, we need more places...... such a shame, great hobby no where to do it, my .02 cents, this is just what i think.

This is one of the reasons I am starting to enjoy easy romps on forests roads enjoying the scenery and fresh air.

The problem is the over use, and then abuse, the constant traffic, 20+ rigs of many types at a time at all hours, and all week long not just weekends, along with vandalism, trash, and trespassing? no one should be surprised at the closure, I'm surprised it hasnt happened sooner, and in other popular places that now will get hammered that much harder.

them 20+ rigs trying a hard hill or obstacle about 3 times that one obstacle is getting ran (20x3) 60 times if they dont make it the first 2

they apparently have been taking pictures and keeping records of plates/vehicle descriptions of who and whats been up there, its sad, cant find it, but theres pics floating around of what was done to those peoples yard and house, yard was destroyed and house was trashed inside, people need to grow up and treat things with some respect, otherwise were going to lose the few places we have left, i know of several more obscure trails not common knowledge around my area, and thats the way the few of us that know of them are keeping them, theyre hard to find, off random backroads, and it seems the only way well get to keep using them is by keeping them that way, sad, cause alot of them are some fun times too...looks like its a cover your own ass game again, where everyone has to fight to keep the fun going---

i am sure well hopefully no one from this site trashed those yards but i did read about that and i wouldnt mind seeing the pics of the damage if you see it im not doubting it was bad i just want to see. Also its kinda sad that now im down to 1 or 2 trails i know of i can legally ride on well 1 really the other is more of a dirt road i wouldnt even call it a trail

XJ Beater said:
they apparently have been taking pictures and keeping records of plates/vehicle descriptions of who and whats been up there, its sad, cant find it, but theres pics floating around of what was done to those peoples yard and house, yard was destroyed and house was trashed inside, people need to grow up and treat things with some respect, otherwise were going to lose the few places we have left, i know of several more obscure trails not common knowledge around my area, and thats the way the few of us that know of them are keeping them, theyre hard to find, off random backroads, and it seems the only way well get to keep using them is by keeping them that way, sad, cause alot of them are some fun times too...looks like its a cover your own ass game again, where everyone has to fight to keep the fun going---

X2. Loose lips sink ships!!!

Back