• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coral Canyon Sunday 12/21

Definitely need to come back and go up bronco on the connector side. Going down had its fun parts, but did up and down in 2 WD for the majority of it.

My kids really liked it, and that's what counts.

LOL i went up most of it in 2wd a few weeks after I popped my front ball joint and pass. side shaft in two spots (one in the carrier) and drivers side in one spot. no, i was not wheel hopping :) it was about half way up. That one really steep spot with the rocks and bushes. you know?! in all seriousness though, its the spot where most everyone breaks. There's a bypass to the left coming up. Anyhow, i did the rest in 2wd easily enough.

Is there a different Coral Canyon that's farther than 40 minutes from San Diego??

it's more than 40 minutes depending on where you live.... from north county it's more like an hour and a half. from the 8/15 intersection it's closer to 40-50 minutes

They are all open. I ran them all when they were first opened. Meh. Connector is still harder and the backside of bronco peak has more rocks.

They are all open. I ran them all when they were first opened. Meh. Connector is still harder and the backside of bronco peak has more rocks.

You're an idiot rockclimber. 911 trails are great. There's a few more offshoots off Gunslinger now that are fun. We did them all at the SoCalXJ Jamboree last year. Might do em again this year, I dunno. Gunslighter is just a fire road though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnoDD2l3TA

I didnt say they weren't fun. and I didn't say I wouldn't run them again. but they weren't hard and I think there are still better trails.

You're an idiot rockclimber. 911 trails are great. There's a few more offshoots off Gunslinger now that are fun. We did them all at the SoCalXJ Jamboree last year. Might do em again this year, I dunno. Gunslighter is just a fire road though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnoDD2l3TA

at 2:55, i like to come up from the drivers side then come up and over all that stuff on the passenger side with my drivers side tire that is shown better at 3:00.

Its a fun, not overly challenging trail. Those videos appear to be when they first cut the trail from the name and the time frame. Its a little diffent looking now

Back