• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Compressor, on board air setup

resq229

NAXJA Forum User
Compressor, this thing works great, runs and fills the self contained tank to about 120 PSI then shuts off till you start using it. it has a small self contained tank but han be hooked up to a external tank for alot more volume. im not sure what exactly it is for, air horns or what but it works great and gauge gos up to 150 psi. i think $80 shipped is fair?

compressor002.jpg

haha, like to have something like this in the tow rig. air horn and OBA for what ever reasons

haha, like to have something like this in the tow rig. air horn and OBA for what ever reasons
You really need a secondary tank if you want to air up tires. That thing is a low volume pump and only about a gallon of storage. That will get you maybe one tire. You will want to have the secondary tank fully pressurized before starting. The secondary tank should probably be at least three gallons due to the small compressor size.

I've been thinking of putting an air horn on my CO2 system.

You really need a secondary tank if you want to air up tires. That thing is a low volume pump and only about a gallon of storage. That will get you maybe one tire. You will want to have the secondary tank fully pressurized before starting. The secondary tank should probably be at least three gallons due to the small compressor size.

I've been thinking of putting an air horn on my CO2 system.

Very true! but with a good external tank it should work great and have plenty of volume, this thing actually fills very quick. i just learned that this unit was on a fire truck and ran air horns but did indeed have a very large external tank, they reconfigured the truck with a very large compressor and small tank because they needed the extra space where the first large tank was.

Back