• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Completely lost with starter issues

The timing is not adjustable.

Which green wires was it?

The timing is not adjustable.

Which green wires was it?

In the Renix the hot (switched) wire from the iginition switch to the relay is green and the (activation) wire from the starter relay to the solenoid is green (dark green). I guess somebody likeld green or they ran out of colors :) Your right though, in most automotive systems green is the (reserved) ignition trigger wire color.

I was wondering for you folks who do you own timing have any clues if there is any way to fine tune on this motor.... I have never tuned anything after an 80's make motor... or anything with a strictly electronic ignition....

Timing is controlled by the CKP (crank position sensor) and the flywheel/flexplate notches. The distributor just has to carry the spark to the proper cylinder through the rotor and cap. With the harmonic balancer marks lined up for the proper advance for spark (usually 12 degrees before top dead center), the rotor should line up with the distributor tower for the #1 spark plug wire. If it looks like it is 180 degrees off, just turn the crankshaft around one turn. It goes around twice for every one time the distributor goes around.

Back