• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

beers and balljoints anyone? In need of some help

XJTowerDog

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy to the Colorado crowd. Ill get to the skinny.....

My balljoints are shot, im a backyard mechanic,i just dont have the press, adapters, or the backyrd to do this job. I hate to pay a grand for a job I know i can do for less than $150 in an afternoon with some cold ones.

Anyone in the area care to lend a helping hand? Obviously ill bring the parts, i have the majority of my own tools aside from the press, and beer of choice will be supplied, as well as some Colorado special if applicable. I will also compensate you for the time taken, naturally.

would be great to meet some other Jeepers in the process, possibly future wheelers.

My names Greg, if anyone is interested, my numbers six one zero-554-63six7

It might help to know where you live.

You can rent the press from AutoZone. They take a deposit for the full replacement value of the press. When you return it, they refund it. So technically a free rental. Do not get a Harbor Freight press. I snapped one in half and seriously bent another on the same job, ended up finishing with a AutoZone rental.

I just read your thread in OEM Tech. I'll be futzing around the driveway today, if you want another set of eyes to look at it.

Back