• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Been out of the game for too long!

93XJdude

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, Been a "user" here for a long time, just got my name in the red earlier this year. Anyways, after letting my mom "borrow" my jeep for the past 4 years or so, she finally got a new car and returned the jeep. So now since it is no longer needed for daily service it is time to make it the trail rig I wanted to make it back in the day.
That is where my dilemma comes in. Build then wheel, or wheel as it is and add stuff along the way? I first got it when I was 16, so of course i did plenty of stupid shit with it to try and lift it. rubber spacers in front, bastard leaf pack in the rear. anyways took all that out earlier this year and set it back to stock. luckily i kept my RE adjustable track bar and the lift shocks. I am a seasonal truck driver for a local sod farm, so income is about to get really tight for a little while which is what is making me lean to wheel it as is and go from there. at the same time, with 287,000 miles im sure something is trying to give up the ghost and why not let go while on a trail 30 miles from home?
enough rambling, looking forward to getting out there with you guys on some trails and breaking some shit!

Tony

and this seems to be the only pic i have of it currently, as it was years ago with the bastard lift.
DSC_1600.jpg

Back