• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja Run to Bahia de Los Angeles

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to put this out there if anyone is interested in joining us. Planning is still in the developmental stage. I’ll update as time goes on. Here is what I have so far:

This will be mostly pavement and all relaxation on the beaches of Baja.
Two rigs besides mine confirmed .
The dates could be sometime in late October or late December, TBD.
Looking at 5-7 days total but still TBD.
We are entering through Calexico/Mexicali.
First stop and probably last stop will be a night’s stay in San Felipe, although we may come back up the Pacific coast.
We will be stopping at Coco’s Corner to have a beer and B.S. with Coco.
I’m hoping to get some fishing and snorkeling in.
There will be at least one side trip. 250 year old Mission San Francisco Borja and the rupestrian paintings in that area.
We will be camping on the beach at both San Felipe and Bay of L.A.

All rigs must be totally self sufficient as there will be no amenities anywhere we go, especially water.
You will need a passport and a tourist card.
I haven’t been there in about 10 years or more, but last I saw, the road just south of San Felipe is a roughly graded dirt road in terrible shape. But I hear that it’s mostly paved all the way to Gonzaga now.
Oh, and fish tacos… Lots and lots of fish tacos…

If you are interested in going and have any input, I’d love to hear it.

Mods, I put this in the off topic forum so as to reach as many people as possible rather than just one or two chapter forums. If you see fit to move it, please do. Thanks.

Back