• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 9th at Rock Mt. (close to bham ALA)

DvsLance

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get some jeeps together for a "un-official" ride at Rock Mt. This is close to the Galleria Mall in Hoover and not far frome the mercedes plant at Vance. less than 30 minutes from Bham and is a very good place to ride with obsacles for no lift to the ones that cant be done with out lift lockers and winch. Rock crawling, mud, water crossings and lots of trails make for a real good day of riding. You could ride all weekend and not see every trail there! Email me at [email protected] for more information and watch for posts here and jeepforum.com under wheeling neighborhood. April 9th, would like for everybody to meet for breakfast and getting to know each other chit chat and then go from there to the trails for the entire day and a tank of gas. Great riding for anybody within an hour. Definately the best I have seen locally. Grey rock is really nice, but this is unofficial and I am only posting around Jeep places. Seen a lot of pickups K5,s and Bronco's etc... but not enough XJ's or wranglers. I only have 3" and new 30" procomps and I had a blast. There was several obstacles I couldnt manage, but others were able and we had fun. Even the guys with stock jeeps will have a great day cause you can get around most of the obstacles if your SKEERED!!! [email protected] or on AIM as DvsLance28 :us:

Planning on going to Cracker Barrel in Bessemer for breakfast at 12:00 noon and anyone who wants to go is more than welcome to meet me there and follow. Hoping the weather is nice. If it is nasty out on saturday, will do it on sunday. I probably will end up doing the same both days regardless of weather, but I only live 20 minutes away. Will leave cracker barrel close to 1:00 or 1:15 and go from there. If you want to go and cant be there that early, just email me and I can give you directions and a way to get in touch when you get there. Hope some jeeps turn out!

Cracker Barrel, 5040 Academy Lane Bessemer, AL 35022 You can go to Mapquest.com and just enter your starting address and this address as destination. That should give you perfect directions. Meet at noon for decent lunch, might want to bring something to eat, probably be there till after dark. Rock mt is at the Rock mt lakes exit just a few minutes from there. That cracker barrel is easy to see from the highway! :sunshine: :us:

The guide is hospitalized and having his gall bladder removed, and possibly his pancreas as well. Lets reschedule for the 23 and be pulling for our fellow xj'er to get well soon. Sorry guys, but its sorta outa my hands if you know what I mean. Same plans, just on the 23 instead. :repair:

Back