• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Header?

streetxj

NAXJA Forum User
Since I'm going to change my intake manifold, I was thinking that might as well change the header too. I can't afford expensive headers like Borla, Gibson, and other big brands, but the APN looks like a great deal. The only problem is that some people needed to do some slight mods for the 99-04 intake manifold to fit with this header. For some others, it was a perfect fit. My stock 96' 4.0 header, shockingly, is still crack-free. At least I don't hear a leak or see any visible cracks. Is it worth spending the extra $$$ for the APN or is the stock manifold good enough?
I already got rid of all the major restrictions in the exhaust system itself.
Also, there are some headers on ebay that look identical to the APN, but are even cheaper. Are those any good?

I had to clearance the #5 primary of the Borla and grind a little off the bottom of the 99+ intake in my 96 to get them to seat square on the head. Not all headers have this problem, but can be resolved in 10 min. I don't know about the APNs or knockoffs(probably from same factory in Taiwan).

My APN/99+ intake had 0 interference issues when I did my install, I recomend you DO NOT use the gasket that comes with the APN and infact order a victor reinz ect.

Back