• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone going to the freak show in wilson NC

Bridgman

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone was going to the Drop Jaw magazine car/truck show in Wilson NC on Oct 18-22. Most of the rides that are there are low riders, and rice burners, but this year they are haveing a four wheel drive class. I know this is not realy a XJ or a JEEP type of thinkg, but this is a great excuse to get out, kick back, and show off your rig to a diff. world and the world REAL rigs. Check out the Drop Jaw web site at http://www.dropjawmag.com
Oh yea, this is not exactly a family scene once the sun goes down.
icon_wink.gif

****October 19-22 - Freak Show 6 (The Show That Never Sleeps) -- Wilson, NC--Wilson County Fairgrounds--We have relocated Freak Show to a bigger and better location with seperate show fields and camping fields. We wil be having a dodgeball tournament and a beer pong tournament as always and will be using the derby pit on Sunday for all the hydro and freestyle dirt burnout action. The show will open as it did last year on Thursday night at midnight. There will be more inside parking this year also. The NPSL audio and video finals will be held at Freak Show also. Camping will be as it always is...FREE to anyone registering a vehicle or purchasing a cruize pass. Nighttime events will be on Friday and Saturday night and we will have entertainment on the stage all weekend. This WILL be the best time you will have at a show all year long so dont miss out. If you question whether Freak Show is worth attending or coming to....just find someone that has been there and ask them. For show questions or vendor information, we will have the Freak Show info center up very soon. For info about sponsoring the East Coast's largest and most live show, contact Glenn at 252-258-2524. Please dont call this number unless you are interested in sponsorships....all show questions will be answered on the info center. Last year there was 1400 rides hat came through the gate and over 5000 spectators that attended. Alot of promotors up their numbers when it comes to promoting their shows but these are true numbers and if you were there last year you will know this. Remember, what happens at Freak Show, stays at Freak Show. For coverage of last years event, go to Freak Show 5 coverage.

NO i'm not trying to promote this event just thought it would be cool to go to.
The local club that i'm a member in is going and we are bring our RTI ramp and thought it would be cool to show off (well I couldn't go up the ramp very long but some others can) maybe we can even get a low rider to go up the ramp that would be funny
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I took this from our clubs website, and you can check it out by going to www.nckrawlers.com and click under the community events to check out what we have to say about it.

I went to that a few years back in my old TJ on 33s and with a Tahoe on 35s and a 4-Runner on 33s . It was fun and all .... but minitruckers and lowriders can be some very strange people .

And yes > when the sun went down , it got absolutely crazy !! That's all I can say right now . hahaha

There were a few HUGE trucks there but they were all show/no go .

Have fun if you go > and bring your vid camera AND a nice telephoto lens !! lol

make sure you take pics of all the tube framed Escalades on 49's with 30+" of lift . lol .... I will put money on it that you'll see more than 1 and they'll look absolutely ludicrous .

Back