• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody near Hartford CT

pajeepman

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on heading to Bar Harbor Maine for vacation next month. Plans are to get on the road after work and drive for 4-5 hours. Thinking about parking in the walmart supercenter parking lot in Hartford off of rt84. Wondering if anybody knows if that is an ok area. We have never spent the night in a walmart lot but it seems like that one is ok too, assuming it is not a shady/bad/dangerous area. We would be in a hardsided camper behind a Dodge pickup.

We would be getting up in the area too late to stay at a campground so this seems like out only alternative. I say a rest stop with big rigs, gf says hell no to that.

Any ideas or input on the area would be great. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

west hartford is really nice. just to the north of hartford is garbage. you should be ok.

Theres also a Walmart in Sturbridge MA right near the 84/90 interchange, thats really nice and I wouldnt think twice about sleeping there.

Thanks, I was looking at that one also, probably would be better as it closer to Maine and by the time we get to Hartford, I probably would be wide awake still.

I would for sure stay in the Sturbridge WM over the Hartford one. The benefit is like you stated, closer to Maine at that point. Oh...and safer.

If we are home that weekend, I'd offer up parking in front of my house in Springfield to you as well. My yard isn't that level but you could definitely park out front.

We just did a weekend up there and had a great time. It's a haul but very worth the drive.

I am in harwinton CT 25 miles from where you will be. If you want to meet up and or have some where better to park

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offers. Our route will be up Rt 84 to RT 90 to RT 290 to Rt 495 to rt95. Looking to stay very close to the highway on that route to save time as we have probably have an 11 hour ride all said and done with gas stops, bathroom stops, etc
With a camper in tow we will not be going stupid fast either.

Back