• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any NWC'ers near, Fife?

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've recently been in contact with the President of Flex-A-Lite (long story), and it turns out they're looking to possibly develop a radiator fan combo for the XJ.

If anyone is located near the Fife area, and would be interested in working with Flex-A-Lite let me know. I don't know all the details on the project, just that they're looking for a local XJ owner.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll pass along contact information. I'm going to give priority to NWC members on this, just because this opportunity came up through the NWC.

I'm kinda near fife. It's about an hour away in traffic. I dont drive my xj every day if that makes any difference.

ha i just bought a 15 inch reverse rotation flex a lite flex fan for my jeep and it didnt fit correctly. the old fan was a 15 inch the book called for a 15 inch yet when i got one it wasnt correct. will say it looks nice in there jus not actually in the shroud oh well

I appreciate all the offers to help with this, thank you everyone.

Casey, I'll pass some contact info along to you since you seem to be the closest. Keep us in the loop if it ends up working out for you.

Is this a new product, or something they already have out and want to modify it?
It sounds like they're trying to develop a new product specifically for the XJ. Just need to check some brackets and dimensions.

Heading to the Flex-a-lite compound next Monday so they can take some measurements and see what it will take. Don't know if they're thinking mechanical replacement or an electric replacement. I'll let you guys know.:thumbup:

im about 15 minutes away also if they need more test subjects

Met with Lisa, owner/president of Flex-a-Lite today. Also met with Brett and Bill, two of Flex-a-Lite's engineers. They measured the area between the grille and A/C condenser for an oil cooler. They also measured the radiator and looked at the mounting system to see if one of their current radiators would work. Didn't sound like it would. Bill said they may be able to modify one of the current designs to work. They use a cnc mill to shape billet aluminum into tanks and fill spout. You can see some of their radiators on their website: www.flex-a-lite.com.

Lisa gave me a short tour of the manufacturing of their fans and radiators/coolers. They do all the assembly at the buildings in Fife. The parts are either made in house or sourced from company's around the U.S. and Canada.

The company is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. Lisa's grandfather started the business in 1962. It's been family owned since the beginning.

They have recently purchased an enclosed trailer that is going to be a rolling museum displaying the history of the company and some of the original parts that they built. Their also building a 2010 Camaro using a radiator/shroud/fan kit that they recently designed. Sounds like it'll have a bunch of other performance stuff on it too.

Whether or not we actually see some parts for the XJ is uncertain right now. I do think that the oil cooler has a chance.

Thanks for the update, and taking the time to help them out, Casey.

It would be nice to see XJ specific cooling products developed (oil coolers, fan combos, etc). Flex-A-Lite sounds like a great local company.

Wow. Sounds like a cool tour. Should have brought a friend: ME.

LOL
Hopefully good comes of this

Back