• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another XJ crosses the 300K line

fishinpolejoe

NAXJA Forum User
I went to work this morning on a snow packed, ice covered mountain road. My XJ did a great job of keeping me between the ditches with the studded tires on the back.

I started it up to go back home on the same nasty roads and noticed that the odometer had turned over 300K miles. Only about 50,000 miles are mine but it still makes me proud.

Last year's pic but today wasn't much different.

12194688_893801297371917_3134388508998444080_o.jpg

Congrats, Up here at the north end of the Valley,,,we got nothing --yet.
May get as much as 24" by Sunday....

Congrats, Up here at the north end of the Valley,,,we got nothing --yet.
May get as much as 24" by Sunday....

I'm surprised you don't get much snow. I live in a valley, so to speak, as well. By "Virginia - southwest tip" I don't mean Roanoke. I'm an hour west of Bristol in the VERY tip of the state. I can be in Harlan county KY where NAXJA hosts "The Crawl" in about twenty minutes or so. The ridge to the north on the VA/KY line keeps much of the harsher weather off of us year round but we still get our fair share. KY always gets hit harder though.

I used to work near Richmond and have seen some serious snow/ice at Staunton, and the Richmond area and everywhere between here and there.

Looks like you are under a blizzard warning. Stay safe and I hope they can keep the power on for you. We are getting some freezing rain right now (that I barely got home in front of) and expecting heavy snow to start falling around 5:00 a.m. We're suppose to get 3-5 inches today.

Started snowing before lunch,,scanner going crazy with accidents already.
I,m in for a couple days.....

Back