• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable map

I've seen several mild strokers that would disagree with this statement.

That's probably true on '96+ models with OBD II and especially on '00+ models with DIS, but Renix and OBD I models shouldn't have any problem. The original 4.6L stroker build with the Crane 753905 cam ran absolutely fine in my '92 XJ with nothing more than larger injectors and a mild adjustment of MAP voltage. Just don't go too big on the cam and reduce the intake manifold vacuum to the point where the MAP sensor starts to throw hissy fits.

That's probably true on '96+ models with OBD II and especially on '00+ models with DIS, but Renix and OBD I models shouldn't have any problem. The original 4.6L stroker build with the Crane 753905 cam ran absolutely fine in my '92 XJ with nothing more than larger injectors and a mild adjustment of MAP voltage. Just don't go too big on the cam and reduce the intake manifold vacuum to the point where the MAP sensor starts to throw hissy fits.

The problems I have seen have been with the Renix.

We are not talking about strokers here. We are talking lightly modified stock displacement.

I have a 90 Renix with 60mm throttle body, free flow exhaust including the removal of the D crush in the downpipe, advanced CPS and a more open intake system.
I tried an adjustable MAP sensor and after a while just went back to stock.

The problems I have seen have been with the Renix.

cruiser54 said:
I have a 90 Renix with 60mm throttle body, free flow exhaust including the removal of the D crush in the downpipe, advanced CPS and a more open intake system.
I tried an adjustable MAP sensor and after a while just went back to stock.

Now that's interesting. Is it possible that the Renix computer isn't smart enough to adapt to the modifications?

Back