• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Acceptable signatures question

casm

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have two items in the 'For Sale' section. From reading the forum rules, I'd like a clarification on the following: is it OK for members to have a line in their signatures saying something to the effect of, 'If you're looking for spoiler fluid, click here for info on the 55-gallon drum I'm selling', with the link going to their ad in the 'For Sale' section?

What has me flummoxed is this:

"Participants shall not use the Forum to publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends. The Advertising Forums are for advertising."

Coupled with:

"Signatures shall be setup in your profile, and not manually added to your messages. For commercial participants, signatures shall not contain pricing, plan, sales details etc."

Obviously I'm not a 'commercial participant', but I am selling something. I have no intention of abusing the other signature and forum rules in doing this, but don't want to go ahead and do it without knowing if it's OK to do so or not.

that seems to be a common thing on PBB, dont see why it would be a problem - something like :

Buy my tires!

or

need lift stuff?

something to that effect....
most vendors have links to their sites in their sigs... just nothing like specs and stuff...

XJ_ranger said:
that seems to be a common thing on PBB, dont see why it would be a problem

Okay... I haven't got a ruling on this yet, so I'm going to *cautiously* go ahead and do it. If it's a problem, please let me know and I'll modify my signature back to something unrelated.

casm said:
Okay... I haven't got a ruling on this yet, so I'm going to *cautiously* go ahead and do it. If it's a problem, please let me know and I'll modify my signature back to something unrelated.

A quick review of the rules does not indicate a problem, unless it is a commercial sale. The BOD has the final ruling, but for now I see no issue. You may want to email [email protected] if you require further clarification.

F. F. said:
A quick review of the rules does not indicate a problem, unless it is a commercial sale. The BOD has the final ruling, but for now I see no issue. You may want to email [email protected] if you require further clarification.

Nope, non-commercial, totally private :) I will drop a note out to the BOD, though. Thanks!

I would rather that not happen, but just my opinion. But then I hate most all signatures.

Try it see if it gets bitched about. ???? :dunno:

:D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
I would rather that not happen, but just my opinion. But then I hate most all signatures.

:D

hinkley

There used to be a rule about that, but I did not see it in the newest rules... if it gets to be an issue, revise the rules if needed. :dunno:

Mark Hinkley said:

Yeah, I know where you're coming from on that; it's easy to see where it could end up.

Mark Hinkley said:

That was the original plan, but after some PMs I've decided to contact the BOD directly about it for a clarification. Again, though, I'll be more than happy to accomodate a request to change it.

Last edited:
JMHO, Casm, but I think you're being way too accommodating. ;)

Last edited:
How so? He has his Sig, and is asking for further clarification? Seems fair to me.... That is what participation in a Club is about. Not wanting to go against the spirit of the bylaws, but yet do what he wants to do. They can change the rules, post them etc... or say "it is ok". No harm in asking, IMHO.

Glenn said:
How so? He has his Sig, and is asking for further clarification? Seems fair to me.... That is what participation in a Club is about. Not wanting to go against the spirit of the bylaws, but yet do what he wants to do. They can change the rules, post them etc... or say "it is ok". No harm in asking, IMHO.

I was kidding, Glenn, hence the winking smiley. SARCASM:exclamati

Back