• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ For sale - Built

Hackmeister

NAXJA Forum User
As sad as it is, I am going to have to let my Cherokee go. I am moving to Pittsburgh at the end of the month for a new job, and just can't keep dragging this guy around with me because I will be living in the city. Eventually I'll buy and build another, but I don't drive it nearly enough to justify the expense.

Specs:
99 Cherokee Sport
~205k miles
Auto
Dana 30 front with 4.10s, aussie locker. Brand new ball joints and steering. Heavy duty cover (don't remember the brand). Heavy duty tie rod (don't remember the brand either).
XJ Dana 4 rear with 4.10s. Auburn ECTED locker that occasinally stays locked. New fluid a few thousand miles ago.
Old man emu 2.5" heavy duty leaves with shackle relocation boxes and extended shackles for ~4" lift. 4" front springs.
TNT y-link long arms, only two wheeling trips on them. Belly pan without too many scrapes. Bushings all in good shape.
Bilstein 7100 shocks, 10" travel Ithink. Mounted on new lower control arm mounts to not bottom out.
JCR heavy duty front and rear bumpers. Steering box tie in. Rear bumper has a swing away tire carrier and a booger weld fab license plate light. Rear bumper has extensions to protect the corners after cut and fold.
JCR gas tank skid plate
33" Mickey Thompson MTZ tires, about 50% tread. Spare has a patch but holds air.

Body is in OK shape. Could stand a bit of rust repair and is missing half of one of the fender flares (feel free to find it at Rausch Creek). PA inspection is out of date because I've only driven it about 300 miles a year since I've had a company truck. No major dents or gashes.

This thing drives straight and true down the highway at 75mph. Minimal vibes, and no death wobble. Great mid range wheeler and winter machine!

I'm asking $2400 obo as it is, and I'll throw in the pile of spare parts I have for it also. Not looking to part it out just yet because I don't really have the time nor storage space to drag parts with me. Located in Williamsport, PA.

2012-08-30_18-28-26_843_zps3dc19c04.jpg

IMG_51654829328121_zpsb8dfc3d1.jpg

sucks kyle, nice jeep seen it wheel many a time...

Anything wrong with it? reliable enough to daily drive? how bad is the rust?

I would DD it. I've just never gotten around to putting a patch on this small spot on the unibody rails, and none of the inspection places around me are particuarly Jeep friendly. I've just had a company truck for the past few years and never needed to DD it. The times the rear locker doesn't disengage it chirps the tires around corners but not a huge deal.

I forgot to add that it has JCR rock sliders also.

Worst offender of rust:
IMG_20140513_203030_519_zps528cfd8f.jpg

edit: Don't worry Chris, I'm not getting out of Jeeps completely. And I still plan on being at NACfest for at least a day or two (depending on my new job's schedule)

The only reason I like this is I'm excited to visit you in Pittsburgh once you're set up. GLWS and see you at NACfest dude!

The only reason I like this is I'm excited to visit you in Pittsburgh once you're set up. GLWS and see you at NACfest dude!

I'll be in Boston around Memorial Day. I'll snapchat you details as comments of pictures of your favorite things

Bump a lump. Bunch of tire kickers from CL and a few offers of trades for shitty 95 Pontiacs, but I still have it.

Back