• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 4.7 stroker into 89 Laredo

Looking into this now actually. Rears will be disc brakes and front discs are off a late 80's Suburban with huge calipers so I'll need a vacuum booster and MC to match the axles. What's nice is that coming from a manual brake XJ, this thing has an exceptional pedal ratio = less braking effort and/or more brake pressure when a vacuum booster is added to the system. Vacuum assisted vehicles have a lesser pedal ratio. Rough measurements show 13" pedal length/2.75 pivot point = 4.72:1. :D

How are you guys feeding the brake booster with vacuum?

If a dual diaphragm XJ booster is the key, why not go larger to a 1 ton truck for example? Is there enough room for anything bigger than 9"?

Emailed the owner/sales guy of that site at [email protected]lly it's not a dead site and he gets back to me. So you think we should hold onto the Renix system eh? There's enough RELIABLE adjustability within the system to account for a larger displacement/better designed engine?

So upgrade the injectors...the throttle body....switch to an adjustable FPR....what about that MAP sensor piece of electrical genius? Worth buying & installing?

I'd like to keep A/C, but it will depend on how much extra money it will cost. Here in Dover Delaware it's been getting into the 90's with 100% humidity and I'm not used to this thick air yet. Though, I think relocating the alternator to the stock A/C location is the game plan, and then fab up a bracket for the A/C compressor to go where the old alternator used to be. Should fit, we'll see. Custom A/C lines will be a royal PITA though.

Not sure if there's room, but I believe in the 05+ TJ/LJ the AC is on the bottom.

Back