• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 xj chop top for sale

aintright

NAXJA Forum User
1993 Jeep Cherokee
Two Door
4.0L HO
Auto (AW4)
4x4 (np231)
220k ish

This little guy runs strong and shifts nicely for the amount of miles on it. It is a project vehicle, it's about 85% finished. I drive this daily, it is currently inspected in PA until 1/13. Really the only thing needed to make this thing a fun wheeler would be to put some gears and lockers in.

Here's a link to the build thread with all the pictures of the build process.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1051518

This is a short list of everything I did to it.

Replaced all sheet metal on the floor from the firewall back
Chopped the top off
Sealed the cab in
Built the "bed"
Relocated the fuel tank into the bed
Built a custom rear bumper/crossmember
LED tail lights
Fully Custom 6 point hybrid exo cage made from 1.75" DOM tubing with .120 wall
4 point safety harnesses tied into the cage
Rockers cut out and raised a few inches and replaced with 4x2x.125 rectangular tubing
New rockers tied into frame and cage
Frame stiffeners added from front of cab to rear of frame
Trail Gear Creeper joints added onto custom made shackle relocators
Boomerang shackles
Brand new hd stock leaf pack with an extra leaf added
Rear wheel wells relocated and rebuilt
Rear quarter panels plated with .125 thick armor
Front wheel wells cut out and modified
Battery relocated inside cab.
Brand new ZJ brake booster and master cylinder
Tj flares on all four corners
Crown Automotive extended stainless steel braided brake lines, front and rear
3in rough country coil springs up front
35x12.5x14 good year mtr
Performance header
Throttle body spacer
Brand new custom exhaust from header back, including a new cat, with performance magnaflow muffler
There's alot more than what's listed but I didn't want to make you read a novel.

In a nut shell this is an XJ sitting on 3in of lift and 35's

Also I have quite a few extra parts that go with it.

I am motivated to get rid of this and get out of the off-road world for awhile. Depending on the offer, I"ll throw in everything I still own that is related to the off-road world, which will include spare front axle shafts, Tom Woods front drive shaft, misc. front clip pieces, a small cobra cb, 60" hi lift jack and various other parts. So please shoot me a pm if you have any other questions.

Jeep is located in Erie, PA

$3800 OBO

sellingjeep.jpg

sellingjeep1.jpg

sellingjeep4.jpg

sellingjeep3.jpg

sellingjeep2.jpg

Last edited:
justpunchit, what are some specs on your xj?

prosonic, i haven't really been driving it much in the past month since i bought a truck. just need to lighten the load for the time being.

Somebody oughtta jump on this, thats a solid start for a rig. Just a little drivetrain work and you're rollin sweet! Nice job!
Rich

It looks great! You do great work.

The way it sits now, what does it need to finish? besides gears and lockers.
Engine, radiator, brakes, oil changes in everything, electrical, etc?
What's up with the bottom of the drivers door?

How would I get it from Erie to Trenton/Philly area?

motor, radiator and brakes are all good, electrical is good. the thermostat housing started to leak, but i'm going to replace that gasket. the stuff at the bottom of the door is just adhesive from the molding that used to be on it. i was just too lazy to scrub it off before i painted it. other than gears and lockers it just needs some minor things to pretty it up. like the back bed area being enclosed, on more piece of tube going across the bottom of the windshield, which i have some adapters to make the tubing removable. that's about it.

if you are serious about it i could probably meet you close to half way or so, for some gas money.

Back