• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 MJ with diesel motor (int installed) Possibly for sale

altrocker1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all...
I have an mj that i am contemplating selling...we are trying to scrape some money together for a downpayment on a house, so i am just going to see if i can get some hits on a few things...

SO...here is the deal. i have an 88 mj that is currently not running. it is in fair shape, but it will need some work. i traded my j10 project for it, and i really havent had any chance to work on it, though i may be getting a ton of time for it coming up if our plans for a house come through. at any rate i dont need to sell it so, there is no reason for silly low ball offers. here is what i know...

THE GOOD:
Fairly clean...needs one floor pan, but i was going to do both while the carpet was out. Frame/uniframe are outstanding condition actually. i think someone treated the frame at some point because it doesn't have any rust on it. one cab corner has a small dent, but rockers and cab corners are rust free. engine turns over by hand and feels pretty good. Everything is there needed to make it run...

THE BAD:
There was some ignition hack wiring installed for a dual battery setup. I have been tinkering with it and i know i can get it figured out, i just haven't had more than and hour at a time to mess with it. Box isn't perfect...not really rusty, but needs some love. no taillights currently. It has no rear axle...well it sort of does...someone installed an 8.25 upside down. I was just going to try to trade the axle for an mj d35...the truck is a 2wd

I am thinking about listing the truck alone for $800...it would be fairly easy to get it on the road and i have everything to get it there other than a rear axle.

Extras:
So in addition to the truck itself, I have a few extra things that could go with it...

1.) Peugeot 2.3L Turbo Diesel ran when pulled...hasn't run in a few years. I have this motor and a peugeot bellhousing that will bolt to a peugeot BA-10/5 with the use of a spacer. I haven't made the spacer, but i have all the measurements and it is a pretty easy piece to make. I have the ba-10/5 tranny to go with it and the 4wd transfer case for it. I also have a TON of spare parts for the peugeot. Gaskets, filterers nib clutch and some more misc stuff. This engine is fully mechanical...give 12v to the starter and the shutoff solenoid and it will run. It is not a bolt in swap by any means, but is shaping up to be a fairly simple looking swap. $700 for the motor, tranny, bellhousing, tcase and all the spare parts.

2.)4wd parts...i have everything necessary to convert this to a 4wd. complete dana 30 axle, transfer case and driveshafts. i also have a tranny from a 95 xj that would run with this rig. $400 for the set

3.) I also have a complete drivetrain from a 99 including the harness and computers...would just need a dash to run all the obd2 stuff or would just need adapters to run all the renix stuff. I would throw this in for $350 if someone buys the truck...

of course none of this extra stuff will get sold unless someone is interested in the truck...offers will be considered, but again i don't need to sell this. i just want to see if i can turn it into some money...

its up at the shop right now...only pics i have are of the 99 drivetrain and the diesel stuff. shop is 90 miles away so i won't be there probably for a few days. i can post the ones that i have though

dana 30

0708132047a_zps87fd92cb.jpg

99 tranny and tcase

0708132049_zps873746da.jpg

99 motor

0708132051_zps91ad5cdd.jpg

test fitting the peugeot in my old manche

0217131429_zps66bb399d.jpg

mock up of the adapter

0216131400_zps768c1135.jpg

bellhousings for comparison...jeep on right, peugeot on left

0216131347_zps1ffd5e2c.jpg