• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 comanche with fullsize axles and 35's

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksidemj

NAXJA Forum User
1987 Jeep Comanche long bed for sale. It has a 6 inch lift using rubicon express coil with a front radius arm type suspension and bastard pack leaf springs in the rear using the mj pack with a few xj leaves. The radius arms are built using 2" x .25" square tubing and ruff stuff 1.25" hiems. All new steering linkage built with 1.5" x .25" wall DOM tubing and 3/4" and 7/8" hiem joints. Front track bar is also built with 3/4" hiems and 1.5" x .25" wall DOM tubing and ruff stuff brackets. Rear is installed using Ruff stuff spring perches and spring plates. Front axle is a 79 ford high pinion Dana 44 with 4:10 gears and brand new Warn lock out hubs and rear is a 79 ford 9 inch with 4:10 gears. I do have a set of 5:13 gears for both the front and rear axle that will go with the jeep. Jeep has a H.O. 4.0 liter straight six from a 92 cherokee running off of the factory renix fuel system. Has an AW4 trans with a NP231 transfercase. Gauges have been replaced with aftermarket Fuel level, Volt, Oil pressure, and coolant Temp gauges and has LED high beam and turn indicators. Has a small cobra CB installed. Front bumper is no longer on the jeep but I do still have the 8000 lbs electric winch that will also be included in the sale, was planning on building a stubby winch bumper for it. Has a built rear bumper with hitch reciever built into bumper with more than factory mounting tie-ins and has a flag mount that is required for most off road parks. Has almost brand new 35/12.50/15 Pro Comp MT's on a set of steel wagon spoke wheels. Jeep was used mainly as an offroad toy but can be driven to and from the trails and/or daily driven as I am now. Body is a little rough but that is to be expected with a trail rig. Unibody is solid with no cracks and door hinges have been modified for easy removal. Asking $5000 OBO

more pics and info in by build thread, link in my sig.

833aa47b.jpg

2ef66343.jpg

b0f8c808.jpg

Nice MJ bro!
I just got my 1st Comanche and a 1 ton at that! :D
I'd suggest listing it up comancheclub.com if you haven't already done so.
Good luck! :wave1:
Troy

I haven't installed the bumper I bought from you yet and want to do it right and tie in the steering box bolts and know I will break those bolts in the steering box when I do so waiting till spring to install when I can take my MJ down for a little bit.

Hopefully doing a 23 spline AW4 auto and 242 SYE swap into it as well in place of the 21 spline ax15/231 in it now.

Good luck on the MJ sale...looks awesome with great axles under it!

Troy :wave:

Well I replaced the drivers motor mount a little while back but noticed that passenger side was ripped so it is now replaced as well. Also through a new set of plug wires on it as I noticed one was acring across to the head. Also replace valve cover gasket as it was leaking badly out of the back. Price remains the same as I just want it to be in decent condition for who ever decides to buy this thing. Shoot me an offer, the worst I can say is no thanks.

Price drop:
Black letter: $4,800
Red letter: $4,500

If black letter buys this I will pay for a 1 year membership for you. If red letter buys it I'll pay 1 year renewal and donate $50 to either Naxja or Blue Ribbon Coalition, your choice.

I'm getting like 15 mpg highway when I drove my 89' MJ HP60/14 bolt with 5.38s on 35" MTs down to WF and back! Not too shabby for a big truck like we both have! Those 5.13 gears you have would really help you with power, better mpg, better wheeler, more fun to drive! :cheers:
The AW4 has a nice deep overdrive where I can do 70 mph and be just at 3k rpms.

Troy 815 222 9409 text me thanks :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back