• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3rd Annual Ground Hog's Day at Haspin

KellyS.

NAXJA Member #1370
Hello, I recently joined and I am also a member of the Fat Boys Jeepers. I would like to invite all of you to the 3rd Annual GHD at Haspin. We are hosting this trailride for everyone's enjoyment. We will be having a raffle that day with the proceeds helping out a fellow member of FBJ. This person has had a LOT of sickness and surgeries lately and him and his family can sure use the help.
I know a lot people have bad ideas about Haspin, but it is a completely different place in January. There are very few people on atv's and buggies there at this time of year. (We usually have the place to ourselves.) I don't believe we have ever had anyone go away without having a good time at our Ground Hog's Day Trailride. If nothing else you will get a free meal out of the deal. Look me up, I will be there (in my CJ).
See ya at GHD,
Kelly Stewart
Feel free to contact me for more info.

WHO: EVERYONE is welcome!! You do not have to be an IFWDA member to attend.

WHAT: 3RD Annual IFWDA Ground Hog Day Run hosted by the Fat Boys Jeepers.

WHERE: Located at Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana

WHEN: 9:00 AM January 28, 2006

HOW: Load up the Jeeps (or whatever you wheel) and head out for a day of wheelin' and eatin'

Entrance fee into Haspin Acres will be $13.00 if you tell them you are there for the Fat Boys Ground Hog's Day

Lunch to be PROVIDED by FBJ

Look for the shelter with the Fat Boys and/or Indiana Four wheel Drive Association Banners!!!

Please RSVP to [email protected]

THIS JUST IN FROM OUR HEAD COOK:

"As you know, it's about time for the Ground Hog to rear his head, and that means I get to cook!! My main difficulty is to guess for how many! Please, if you are planning on attending, please let me know! I have never had to tell anyone, "there isn't any food left", and I don't want to do that this year! But I do need a probable count! Please let me know! [email protected] and if you know of someone that's planning to come or would enjoy it, that doesn't have a computer, let them know about the run.
For those of you that have never attended the Ground Hog Day Run before, we serve great HOT chili, hot dogs and other odds 'n ends. This year we are adding a small amount of spicy hot chili and we are going to try and have a bon fire this year as well, so I'm going to try and remember to bring marshmallows as well. We've been there when the temperature was rated the coldest morning of the year in 2004 ( -13 without windchill), and it was the best time I have ever had!!"

Plan on coming and let me know ! It's an unbelievably GREAT TIME!!!

That sounds cool
Haspin it is, I was just out there new years day and had a really good time
I will RSVP

Last edited:
So far we have over 90 people that have sent back an RSVP. Have you emailed yours yet? We will be having a raffle that day at noon. Here is a list of items that we have so far (not complete at this time):

WARN Winch Recovery Kit
Hi-Lift Jack
Slide-n-locks (Made by Hi-Lift)
Tire Repair Kit
Two 20 ft. tow straps
Reciever Shackle bracket
Tire deflators
Air down gauge
Roll Bar Handles
Two $25 gift certificates from 4 Wheel Parts
...And more to come

Tickets will be $1 each or $20 for as many tickets as you can stretch from the tip of one your thumbs to the other one.

I forgot to mention that we will have a special prize for the person that travels the farthest to get there. Please sign in with us when you get there.

Back