• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2014 Jeep Cherokee..

I got a chance to sit in one Tuesday at the Chicago Auto Show, the Trailhawk models are comfortable and from the videos I've seen, fairly competent for something who's underpinnings started out as a compact FWD Alfa-Romeo platform. Cargo space is sorely lacking compared to the XJ though. If the 3.2l V-6 is anything like the 3.6l in my 2012 Chrysler 200, it'll make good power and be quite happy burning E85 (the 3.6's love the stuff). So far the only bad review I've seen from people who have actually tested the things are Consumer Reports, who's review is almost the opposite of everybody else'sand IIRC, they despised our Cherokees with a passion as well as any of the Wranglers...........so Jeep may have done something right with these new ones:laugh:

i can see it being good for what it is, a mostly road SUV that can do some offroading... but to label it the cherokee when even stock our older models have so much more offroad potential more in line with the Jeep heritage, just seems silly.

http://www.jeep.ca/en/cherokee/overview
I'm almost ashamed to own a jeep cherokee :bawl:

I saw some of these turds festering at my local Chrysler dealer. I nearly threw-up over my windshield and crashed my Jeep. They're beyond hideous... worst in person than in the ads IMHO.

I tell people that I drive a Cherokee Classic to avoid confusion.

On the flip side of this issue, if Jeep continues in this path, I will eventually not have to be ashamed for having an '06 Liberty. At this rate it will soon seem like a throwback to the good old days.

Lol, slight restoral of dignity for not being as bad. :)

I glanced at my mother's XK Commander the other day, and couldn't help but see a Cherokee. The styling ques are EERILY similar, and the model names: XJ & XK! I think this was Jeep's silent throwback to the Cherokee, and I would say that the XK is more of a Cherokee than the 2014...

It looks more like the 1997 and later XJs, but I couldn't find a side-by-side.
mQppX42.jpg

Or for those of you that would prefer to see it as a Grand Wagoneer...
mD0hyOI.jpg

I glanced at my mother's XK Commander the other day, and couldn't help but see a Cherokee. The styling ques are EERILY similar, and the model names: XJ & XK! I think this was Jeep's silent throwback to the Cherokee, and I would say that the XK is more of a Cherokee than the 2014...

It looks more like the 1997 and later XJs, but I couldn't find a side-by-side.

Or for those of you that would prefer to see it as a Grand Wagoneer...

I'm more inclined toward this version. When they changed the grille on the FJ the hood shape never really made sense.

Back in the dreamtime oh so many years ago I had a '64 Gladiator with the original grille, and the shape made good sense.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/2013/jeep-wagoneer.jpg

edit to add:

My old J200 looked pretty much like this one, except that it was gray and had less chrome, and had the short bed (what would qualify nowadays as halfway between short and long). The grille on the lowest models was painted. Note the tire treads. I think those are the same as what I had, "Commercial" 700-15 6 ply bias tires. Unbelievable traction. Its only real fault was the legendary crappy engine.
http://img.favcars.com/jeep/gladiator/pictures_jeep_gladiator_1962_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back