• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2005 KJ Liberty CRD Turbo Diesel:

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
Located in Fort Collins CO, asking $9500:

This is a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, a Common Rail Direct injection turbo diesel. This is a 4cylinder, 2.8 liter, turbo(variable geometry) diesel, realistically expect to see about 22MPG around town, and 25MPG on the highway at 75-80MPH. The few times I've been forced to slow down and drive ~65MPH I've broken 30MPG. If your looking for a 4WD which can haul people, tow 5000 lbs, offroad, commute and still get good mileage this is the vehicle for it. If your the gearhead type who likes to tinker with their vehicle you can do a few mods and get even better mileage.

This Jeep has 116k miles, cruise control, sunroff, foglights, power windows/doors/mirrors, keyless entry(with two FOBs), satellite radio, tinted windows, factory tow package, 4wd with the NV242 (Select trac) transfer case. The Jeep has new tires on the front and near new on the rear, fronts only have a few hundred miles on them and the rear tires have about 5k on them, the spare has about 10k on it, essentially you have tires to do a 5 tire rotation, you should be able to get quite a few miles out of these tires. I just the the timing belt service, as well as a cooling system flush with all new coolant, air filter and an oil change. I bought this Jeep from the original owner who apparently didn't know that the timing belt needed to be serviced at 100k miles, the belt skipped and the engine timing was off, in the event the belt skips the rocker rollers need to be replaced so I replaced those and then did the timing belt service. Everything works and runs great on this Jeep and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country right now towing a trailer.

For those of you interested in alternative fuels and energy independence this Jeep is ready to run Bio-Diesel or with some additionally equipment SVO/WVO (Straight Vegetable oil or waste vegetable oil). This Jeep has never run SVO/WVO and is not setup for it, if the buyer is interested I can advise you on the best setup to run SVO/WVO.

Please feel free to email me with any questions!

crdfs1.JPG

crdfs2.JPG

crdfs3.JPG

crdfs4.JPG

crdfs5.JPG

crdfs6.JPG

crdfs7.JPG

crdfs8.JPG

crdfs9.JPG

crdfs10.JPG

crdfs11.JPG

crdfs12.JPG