• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2002 BMW 325XI

DigJeepsBrah

NAXJA Forum User
I'll get some pictures up when the wife gets home.

It's silver, body is in good shape, as is the interior. AWD 2.5l i6 automatic with tiptronic.

The good; Runs awesome, has been extremely reliable for the 13 months we've owned it, has new(er) tires, probably 3,000 highway miles on them. My wife has used it to commute back and forth to Golden for work, and we use it for trips up I-70/285. Mechanically it is sound. If I'm not mistaken it has right around 168,XXX miles on it. Oil changed regularly with full synthetic mobile 1. Just had the car up on an alignment rack for alignment, all is well with the steering components, control arm bushings, tie rods, ball joints, etc. Also has heated, power, leather seats, CD player, alloy wheels, sun/moon roof(works), the expansion tank for the coolant was also just replaced, as it was leaking from a hairline crack that commonly develops along the seem in the plastic tank.

The bad; "GM5" (General Module 5) It's the central locking device and it's malfunctioned. We've been meaning to send it to a company in the states that tests for and fixes these components. Just haven't gotten around to it because we moved recently (also the reason for selling the vehicle, I don't trust it will make it up our driveway this winter in the snow.) I can get you in touch with this company. Replacing the unit with a new one from BMW I guess is several hundreds of dollars. So right now the vehicle picks and chooses when it wants to follow lock/unlock commands (although the drivers side door can always be unlocked with the key) and the rear windows will not roll up or down. I have this all completely narrowed down to the malfunctioning GM5 unit. It will need front pads/rotors within 3,000-5,000 miles.

Beyond that it has the cosmetics of a car with 168,000 miles on it. It's not perfect, but it runs like a top, it's easy to drive, and it has the best highway manners of any vehicle I've ever driven. Lots of passing power, even going up mountain passes.

KBB has it around 5,500. We purchased it for 6,100 13 months ago.

I'd let it go for $5,000 firm.

Otherwise I am interested in a vehicle that will make it up the driveway and that the wife wouldn't mind being seen in. We're aimed @ another XJ, or a Wrangler, possibly a ZJ but it'd have to be an unmolested '98 5.9

Would also consider 4x4 Nissan/Toyota SUV's

Thanks. email to [email protected] or PM, although my emails come straight to my phone, it will be easier to contact me. I'm also available by phone most of the time @ 303-910-1020

Back