• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ P0432 code with freeeze frame data

I tested vacuum with a proper gauge. At idle, it reads steady at 16"Hg. Snap test: it drops to almost 0 then raises to just a hair past 20"Hg.

I tested MAP voltage at idle. It reads 1.6 VDC but moves around a little........like 1.64 to 1.7. I couldn't get the test leads to stay put to snap the throttle (and I didn't have a helper).

I tested vacuum with a proper gauge. At idle, it reads steady at 16"Hg. Snap test: it drops to almost 0 then raises to just a hair past 20"Hg.

I tested MAP voltage at idle. It reads 1.6 VDC but moves around a little........like 1.64 to 1.7. I couldn't get the test leads to stay put to snap the throttle (and I didn't have a helper).

I got the same results running a vacuum test on my '01 today as well & I checked vacuum while holding @ 2000 rpms... vacuum climbed to ~21-22"Hg and held constant w No drop. The things I've read say if my Cats or Muffler are clogged then Vacuum should drop but mine did not.

More testing for me...

Redsnake, I'm thinkin vacuum leak. I'm gettin' a propane torch tomorrow. Some of the rubber vacuum fittings on the manifold are beat. Any of them could be leaking.

We'll see what happens next!

Redsnake, I'm thinkin vacuum leak. I'm gettin' a propane torch tomorrow. Some of the rubber vacuum fittings on the manifold are beat. Any of them could be leaking.

We'll see what happens next!

Any luck? I installed a set of Brown Dog Motor Mounts this weekend and double checked (visually) all the vacuum fittings on my '01 and couldn't find anything leaking/busted/cracked. I'm thinking my pre-cats are toast (at least one of them) but I'm still going to do some additional testing as I can on mine before shelling out the $$ on new pre-cats.

I did not find any vacuum leaks. P0432 came back again on SUnday. I guess I have to replace mini-cats.

I did not find any vacuum leaks. P0432 came back again on SUnday. I guess I have to replace mini-cats.

I've been getting the same code on my 2000 for about a year. I just got my new pre-cats in the mail and will be replacing them soon. :repair: I bought the Walker convertors off RockAuto.com and they seem to be well made.

How much from rockauto if u don't mind sharing? Did u also have to get the connecting Y pipe as well? I've seen it needed on one version of the Pre-Cat pipes but can't remember which one...

How much from rockauto if u don't mind sharing? Did u also have to get the connecting Y pipe as well? I've seen it needed on one version of the Pre-Cat pipes but can't remember which one...

It is listed as $210, I have a 5% off coupon code if you end up ordering from there. Not sure what you mean by the Y pipe. It all comes as one welded unit. It bolts to the bottom of the manifolds and connects to the down pipe. Its a bolt on installation... so hopefully I can get the rusty bolts off. :roll:

It is listed as $210, I have a 5% off coupon code if you end up ordering from there. Not sure what you mean by the Y pipe. It all comes as one welded unit. It bolts to the bottom of the manifolds and connects to the down pipe. Its a bolt on installation... so hopefully I can get the rusty bolts off. :roll:

Thanks for the info and if you want to PM me the 5% coupon code I'd be grateful.

I miss-spoke before... it's not the Y pipe, it's the downpipe that connects the Pre-Cats to the Cat and rest of the exhaust. One of the Pre-Cat pipes listed on rockauto has a caveat that you need to order a new downpipe to fit all the pipes together. Not sure if it's because of a bend or what, but I'd hate to have to order a new pipe to replace one that's in perfect shape.

Oh, and good luck on the rusted bolts... I was looking at those on my '01 this weekend when I replaced the motor mounts. Guess it's time to start soaking those w/Break-Free for a while.

Ohhh okay. Yeah mine just bolts onto the down pipe up front on the driver's side. Redsnake, I'd look to make sure what down pipe you have before ordering.

Ohhh okay. Yeah mine just bolts onto the down pipe up front on the driver's side. Redsnake, I'd look to make sure what down pipe you have before ordering.

I'm pretty sure my downpipe attaches to the pre-cats which bolt to the 2-piece cast-iron manifolds... and then on the downward end bolts to just in front of the catalytic converter. Several pieces to the puzzle...

I'll double check all that before I order a new pre-cat pipe.

Back