• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 2 door XJ for sale

tighttrailxj

NAXJA Forum User
1998 2door XJ for sale, $5000
Motor- 91k miles on an excellent 4.0.
Trans-20k miles on a Level 10 built AW4,
Case-231 case with upgraded chain, main shaft, and SYE.
Front axle- Dana 44 retubed, 4.88's, Detroit locker, Reid Knucles, steering flip, new steering links and TRE's, Synergy ball joints, stock spline chromo shafts w/ spares, Riddler cover, hydraulic assist, etc
Rear axle- ford 9" shaved with a back brace, 4.89's, Detroit locker, 35 spline moser kit, Daytona pinion support, Explorer disc brakes, u-joint guard, 1350 drive shaft, etc
Wheels/tires- 5 NEW 35" BFG KM2's on newly rebuilt and powdercoated to perfection steel beadlocks, new hardware, new dynabeads
The truck has leafs in the back with a shackle relocation kit, It has a TNT Y link radius arm setup hanging off TNT's belly plate. The entire unit body is plated front to rear.

Front and rear steel bumpers, Recent 10k Warn winch.
Rockers cut out and replaced with 2x6 steel, with kickers running down to the frame stiffeners, Very rigid body...

The truck is daily driven and 4 wheels very well. A/C and all accessories work. No check engine light, passes inspection. Has air horns and a Vaiair compressor, Etc. I have let my wife drive and wheel this truck since we bought it from the original owner in 2005 (w 40k miles)

The $5000 is a firm price, truck is in Staten Island NY, 10307. I will add pics and revise the add when I get to a real computer, ASAP I can send pics and answer questions from my phone. John at 917-750-2605

Last edited:
Just installed Boostwerks transfer case linkage and went wheeling today.

This is a low mileage XJ, That has been maintained well over the years. It has wheeled most of the trails at Rausch Creek, and only broke a few locking hubs in the process (and only did that when running the heavy beadlocks and bouncing). All joints and bushings that wore have been replaced.

A basic breakdown of the $5000:
$1000 for a low mileage XJ
$1000 for built Dana44
$1000 for built 9"
$1000 for new BFG's and new beadlocks
$1000 for the Warn 10k winch and both bumpers

All the other extras thrown in for free....

The XJ sold to the first guy to look at it. Good luck and happy wheeling to the new owner. Good thing it sold, I just spent more than the sale price pre-running the Baja 1000 course. See ya Naxja,

Back