• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ (Cherokee) $700

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
I knew this time was coming that I must part with my beloved JEEP XJ (Cherokee) but it is 25 years old and has provided me with reliable service for almost 10 years of my ownership.

It is at a point where it needs some TLC and maintenance that I just do not have the time, the money or the desire to put into anymore.

It has been needing this fixing and maintenance for the last 3 months, but the straw that broke the camels back was the water pump went out 3 days ago. I have a new project that is going to be my daily driver and so this must go.

Keep in mind it is 25 years old and has been wheeled constantly for 7 years of its life. It is not drive-able as it is, you would need to haul it away to fix it.

The BAD;

1.) Water pump needs replacing (Although this is not 100% confirmed, but it was making a horrible noise as it was running and coolant was running out the bottom but was in the dark and I could not see well.)

2.) Key ignition got so old it seized up and broke my key, I had to remove the key cylinder and now just use a 3/8 nut driver to start the JEEP.

3.) New Battery, current one works but tested and not up to peak CCA

4.) Needs a general tune up and oil change.

5.) Brakes ( something is goofy with the rear brakes, one side will lock up on icy roads, pumped the brakes it stopped. Need complete tuning up, front may need new Calipers and rotors turned.)

6.) Body has no major damage, but it is old, paint chipped some rust developing around the door handles on the back doors.

7.) Interior is not pretty, the liner rotted away. Seats are not ripped but dirty. Dash was cracked when my stereo was stolen 6 years ago. Electric windows are slow to move but still work.

8.) Drivers side wings the lock was busted into (see #7)

9.) CR Laurence sunroof needs new handle replaced, (Found it on amazon for $26)

The good;

In the 10 years of owning it I have put some upgrades and parts.Gears alone install is worth my asking price.

1.) The Engine is still strong at 238,000 miles, doesn’t burn oil. Some lifter noise but no knocks, lower was rebuilt due to a scorched piston at 138,000. It passed emissions last year with flying colors and no concerns.

2.) 242 transfer case has been running strong the last 10 years.

3.) Upgraded Cooling system, converted to open system, higher flow radiator. 8 years ago.

4.) Matched fuel injectors 5 years ago.

5.) Open air intake.

6.) New motor mounts 6 years ago.

7.) New Alternator 6 years ago.

8.)
High flow CAT and Thrush muffler.

9.) Custom suspension front and rear, 5” rear, 4.5” front. Combination RE, JKS, Teraflex, etc.

10.) 32x11 wheels and tires.

11.) High Pinion Front D30; 4.56 gears, open dif, larger u-joints, JKS Quick discos, control arm skid plates, and CRANE Dif cover.

12.) Rear D44; 4.56 gears, Aussie Locker, CRANE dif cover, raised shock mounts.

13.) AJ offroad armor rocker guards; couple dents from Spring Creek, needs a good sanding and repaint.

14.) JCR offroad rear quarter panel armor; needs a good sanding and repaint.

15.) Custom made rear lower quarter panel armor.

16.) Custom front winch bumper utilizing a TJ/YJ winch plate.

17.) Mile Marker 9500 winch; needs a good take down to clean up and greasing, Needs new winch line and new remote lead.

18.) Weather Tech floor liners front and back seats.

Asking $700 CASH only, you would have to come and get it, haul it away. PM me or call me at (Seven Two Zero)-670- 80 eight eight.

XJ%201990%202_zpsqhygmohc.jpg

XJ%201990%201_zpsnftpnzuy.jpg

XJ%201990%203_zpswd4nvd5k.jpg

XJ%201990%204_zpsimzpcahh.jpg

XJ%201990%207_zpszwkiupyw.jpg

XJ%201990%206_zpskfk7n43o.jpg

XJ%201990%208_zpsw2dtuegr.jpg

Last edited:
Skully said:
PM me or call me at (Seven Two Zero)-670- 80 eight eight.
I guess that explains why text does not work. :)

Just left a voicemail.

:bawl:

Somebody got a SCREAMIN! deal.

Back